X

2000 Bandit 1200 Rear shock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Bandit 1200 Rear shock

I am wondering if this will fit a pre 750... Just want to make sure before i purchase one.

2000 SUZUKI GSF 1200 BANDIT REAR SHOCK

Originally posted by kazahara View Post
    I am wondering if this will fit a pre 750... Just want to make sure before i purchase one.

2000 SUZUKI GSF 1200 BANDIT REAR SHOCK
    Yes it will fit but it also hits the lever when the suspension is topped out, Not a good thing.

The spring is still the same rate as stock so no improvement there and the valving is better than a stock kat but still not correct. It is not rebuildable in the form it is in now but can be rebuilt by a decent suspension shop.

I would suggest a 08+ R6 shock as it fits without any issues and has more adjustability.

Tmod

Comment

I've been wondering about the r6 for a while T, does it lower the rear end?
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
        I've been wondering about the r6 for a while T, does it lower the rear end?
        Yep it will lower it about 3/4"~1"

Tmod

Comment

I read that there are different types of r6 shocks, is this the correct one?

Comment

Ok thats the opposite of what I like T
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
              Ok thats the opposite of what I like T
              Yeah, I really would prefer something higher. That's why I originally was looking at the bandit 1200 shock because it raises the rear end 2"

Comment

I read that there are different types of r6 shocks, is this the correct one?
                Nope you need this one.

I would not suggest buying that one as it is very expensive and the guy it just ripping someone off, Usually you can get them for about $30.00 or less.

You are free to do whatever you like but I will not recommend the Bandit 1200 shock without modifying it a bit. It needs internal spacers to work correctly.

Where are you located kazahara?

Tmod
                Last edited by Tmod; 10-11-2011, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the help, I think I will search for an r6 shock and see how it feels

I'm in Orange County, Fullerton
                  Last edited by kazahara; 10-11-2011, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the help, I think I will search for an r6 shock and see how it feels

I'm in Orange County, Fullerton
                    Come out to The Lucky Greek on Thursday between 7~10PM and we can talk about what you want and what I would suggest. Good food and I will be setting up suspensions and if Jim can make it he will be showing off his sprockets and battery line.

Here is the info for it.

Tmod

Comment

Alright, ill come check it out. I get out at 7pm so ill be there ~30 after

Comment

Tmod is the MAN when it comes to suspension
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Hey, TMOD sorry to hijack this thread but I have read and read and read all the many threads here about rear shocks. I have a 88 Kat1100 and there really never seems to be info specific to them, it's always about 600 & 750's. My '88 has 36k and is a little weak in the rear suspension area riding two up. My wife and I combined come up to about 320lbs. Will the R6 shock be the right choice or something else.
                          Do the thing you fear most, and the Death of fear is most certain.

Comment

why not PM him?
                            1992- project katfighter
                            2005- GSXR750
                            2001- TL1000R
                            www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Originally posted by BIG-KO View Post
                              Hey, TMOD sorry to hijack this thread but I have read and read and read all the many threads here about rear shocks. I have a 88 Kat1100 and there really never seems to be info specific to them, it's always about 600 & 750's. My '88 has 36k and is a little weak in the rear suspension area riding two up. My wife and I combined come up to about 320lbs. Will the R6 shock be the right choice or something else.
                              Take a look Here.

Tmod

Comment

Working...
                              X