carbs going out of sync!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carbs going out of sync!?

Quick question....

I did a sync with my motion pro. Sync went nice and easy....all balanced out

I took it for a good drive afterwards and noticed after a half hour of riding my idle kept changing....I would constantly have to re adjust it.

then it started to afterfire through the exhaust on decel alot...(running lean)

I got it home and checked the synch and it came way out. I re did the sync and went on another ride and the same thing happend...are the vibrations of the bike running causing an adjuster to slowly spin or what else could be the problem??
    is it possible the A/F screws are able to move on their own?

I have not checked the sync again yet...just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas of what i could look for..

I know the center adjuster on the rail for the sync has a lock nut to keep the two pairs synced together and i had tightened it each time...

I should mention that it is an 88 600.

I'd say it's more likely that you have a crack or something causing an air leak when the motor is warm. I've seen this happen with the o-rings that are between the intake boots and the motor a couple of times.
    Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 88kat-rider View Post
      is it possible the A/F screws are able to move on their own?
      That has nothing to do with your carbs going out of sync.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        That has nothing to do with your carbs going out of sync.
        no your right, but it would cause my idle to change...(if the A/F screws slowly turned on their own)but it would also cause my idle to change if the sync went out.

I rechecked the sync, this time it was fine, didn't move like the first time.

Now that the bike is running and i can drive it around, my friends who also have bikes say mine sounds funny?!?! like its running on 3 cyl or something but all 4 header pipes are scalding hot with the bike running so its going on all 4. I will admit it still sounds off, but thinking its just how the bike sounds with the vance and hines 4-1 system

Comment

Take video. Post here.

Comment

Are you trying to sync the engine when it's cold? Make sure you get it up to operating temp before you bother syncing.
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Also, after each adjustment blip the throttle a tiny bit so the screws can set...

Dont suck up the fluid tho! I have the Morgan Carbtune, so I dont have to worry about that.

Comment

intake o-rings

intake boots not seated on the carbs fully?
                Last edited by girlykat; 10-11-2011, 05:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                X