X

Katan Carb Tuning Setup Video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katan Carb Tuning Setup Video

I have short video of the Manometer and remote fuel tank hooked up and running on my 92 Kat 600 and thought I would share it with you all.
    I am using a new Motion Pro Manometer and it is much better than the old Jamaha one I have had for the last 30 years. Anyway here is the link: http://youtu.be/yIiTX4TQA60
    Last edited by newmotorguy; 09-19-2011, 08:27 PM.

I've never used the new Motion Pro unit. I use a Morgan Carbtune. I started using that back when the Motion Pro unit was mercury. I HATED that. It's always worked well, so I've never felt the need to try the new Motion Pro.

Comment

I like that remote fuel tank, I might have to pick up one of those. Our frappacino bottle manometer works pretty good and for the price I think we'll stick with it. The frappacino bottle remote fuel tank doesn't work quite as well though.
      Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Badfaerie View Post
        I like that remote fuel tank, I might have to pick up one of those. Our frappacino bottle manometer works pretty good and for the price I think we'll stick with it. The frappacino bottle remote fuel tank doesn't work quite as well though.
        The remote fuel tank seemed like kind of a luxury but I treated myself after all these years of making due. Turns out it,s much more than that! It is so much safer and reliable as a remote fuel source. I actually look forward to tuning my multi cylinder bikes now that I have that fuel source. Not to mention when your getting something up and running you can test without covering up crucial components with the original tank. Bottom line, get one you won't be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by newmotorguy View Post
          The remote fuel tank seemed like kind of a luxury but I treated myself after all these years of making due. Turns out it,s much more than that! It is so much safer and reliable as a remote fuel source. I actually look forward to tuning my multi cylinder bikes now that I have that fuel source. Not to mention when your getting something up and running you can test without covering up crucial components with the original tank. Bottom line, get one you won't be disappointed.
          I can see how handy it would be. I'm gonna add one to my next MSS order.
          Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

I've never had syncing so easy until my FZ6. Tank is hinged in the back. Two bolts, prop it up, done. Throttle bodies already have vacuum hoses run to them, color coded by cylinder. Nice 2" x 2" aluminum block with numbered screws for adjusting vacuum. I was like, HOLYAWESOME! I'll take a pic of it sometime.

Then I had to do my Kat. Not so bueno. For the record, I use old school vacuum gauges. Haven't let me down yet.

Comment

Is that a Honda XL650 something or another in the background?

I have the mercury ones from Motion Pro but those new ones seem nice. And I also have the MP auxiliary fuel tank as well, but something happened to the ball valve or the fuel line. I can't remember which one it was as to why I don't use it any more.

Is that fuel filter installed backwards?
              How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
              How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
              How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
              How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                I've never had syncing so easy until my FZ6. Tank is hinged in the back. Two bolts, prop it up, done. Throttle bodies already have vacuum hoses run to them, color coded by cylinder. Nice 2" x 2" aluminum block with numbered screws for adjusting vacuum. I was like, HOLYAWESOME! I'll take a pic of it sometime.

Then I had to do my Kat. Not so bueno. For the record, I use old school vacuum gauges. Haven't let me down yet.
                Isn't FI nice? I need to do a TB sync in the worst way...
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I use the same set up, MP gauge and auxilliary tank. Definitely recommend the tank to any one on the fence about it. Much better than my old 2-lliter bottle set up.
                  1992- project katfighter
                  2005- GSXR750
                  2001- TL1000R
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                  www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                  KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                  KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

alternate - alternate "gas tank" for syncing

I was rebuilding my dad's john deere lawnmower carbs-- don't laugh it has a monster Kawasaki engine. Anyway, I was looking for the standard gas tank replacement to use while I checked out his tank on the lawnmower for rust.

Autozone has a generic replacement reservoir for coolant fluid. It is only like $12... It is handy in that it has nibs from each corner so you can cut open which ever one works best. It includes the long 5/16 clear tubing. Then I just stick the other end of the hose on one of the unused nibs when I am not using it.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by bmwerman; 09-21-2011, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
                      Is that a Honda XL650 something or another in the background?

I have the mercury ones from Motion Pro but those new ones seem nice. And I also have the MP auxiliary fuel tank as well, but something happened to the ball valve or the fuel line. I can't remember which one it was as to why I don't use it any more.

Is that fuel filter installed backwards?
                      The filter is in the correct orientation. Flow is from the larger outside of the element to the inside of the element. Wouldn't really matter in this application as the flow is so little.

Comment

Working...
                      X