X

4 into 1 or 4-2-1?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 into 1 or 4-2-1?

What gives the better hp and torque gains a 4 into 1 header or a 4 into 2 into 1 header?

yes...

Comment

sorry I guess that was rude....

None of those systems based on the collection and redistribution of the gases alone increase (or effect) HP.
      4 into 1 into 6 into 2 what ever..
      The diameter, length and bends are what matter..

Comment

Who out there make the best full system that gives you the most gains? Ive been looking at Vance & Hines.

Comment

1993 600? V&H SS2r or Yoshimura....

But, it's the Ivan jet kit that does it anyhow.

Comment

it is RARE to find a youshimura for a pre 98 kat i have not been able to find one for mine, im buying a V&H or D&D soon.
            Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

It's hard to evaluate exhaust designs without swapping headers on a single bike back-n-forth. Each type of exhaust header has advantages and disadvantages.

General rules (any bike):
              the tighter the opening at the exhaust port, the more low-end torque the bike will make, at the price of high-RPM HP. And visa-versa (the bigger the opening, the less low-end-torque, but the more top-end HP).
              Each time a spent gas has to make a 90 degree turn, it loses about 70% of it's power (it's velocity in this case). Fewer bends means better through-put, which is good for high-end HP (because it means the exhaust charge is moving outwards faster).
              the best exhaust systems are always pulse-tuned to correspond to peak torque RPM's for the engine. Pulse tuning is designing the pipe lengths so that the return echo from any parts of the system get back to the exhaust valve just as it opens, so the wave helps build more torque initially, and them helps move the exhaust away faster right afterwards.
              Cross-pipes between headers help push against the exhaust valve on the other cylinder, and help drop the pressure in the system, to keep the flow steadier.
              The most crucial thing is surface area. The total surface area is the total area the gases have to rub against, slowing them down, and thus there is a limit to how big a pipe will benefit you (at a certain point, getting a larger pipe will increase the drag from added surface area more than it can ease the exhaust coming out by increasing the volume available). This is very obvious in large automobile engine exhaust designs, but still holds true for motorcycles.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

What about D&D is their full system pretty good and sound good? And how about V&H systems I know ive heard good things about them but how do they sound?

Comment

D&D is LOUD...I prefer the V&H ss2R (not the supersport)

Comment

I have also found a jardine system today, i dont know how the jardine system is (maybe some one on here has one?) but yes the D&D is loud and the V&H sounds real nice my next door neighbor has one on his bike.
                    Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

I dont want something that is really loud, i want somethin that is a lil bit louder than normal but yet get me noticed and has a good tone and sound to it. Is the V&H system what im looking for?

Comment

Definitely a YES!

Here's Jimmy's bike

Comment

Originally posted by JJ0712
                          I have also found a jardine system today, i dont know how the jardine system is (maybe some one on here has one?) but yes the D&D is loud and the V&H sounds real nice my next door neighbor has one on his bike.
                          My gf has a Jardin on her ninja 500 -- I don't like it. Rusts like no tomorrow, loud, obnoxious, although I'd suspect that it was cheap compared to other options (it was on the bike when we got it).

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                          X