No announcement yet.
X

Kick stand issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes. both feet are on the ground, most of the time, depends on the road, etc.. I am also more confident and comfortable since I bought it only this past Feb. I didn't do anything to modify it. The spriing setting is on the tightest setting. I'd have to double check the number as I didn't do it myself.
    It's tipped over twice on gravelly/tar surface, as I was dismounting. Again, never had a bike do this and always make sure the bike is in gear, kick stand is secure and tire cocked far left.
    Gotta be the kick stand doesn't like the low setting...poo.
    Thanks Krey and everyone else. Sorry if I "highjacked a thread" or offended anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by GGsgsx View Post
      yes. both feet are on the ground, most of the time, depends on the road, etc.. I am also more confident and comfortable since I bought it only this past Feb. I didn't do anything to modify it. The spriing setting is on the tightest setting. I'd have to double check the number as I didn't do it myself.
      It's tipped over twice on gravelly/tar surface, as I was dismounting. Again, never had a bike do this and always make sure the bike is in gear, kick stand is secure and tire cocked far left.
      Gotta be the kick stand doesn't like the low setting...poo.
      Thanks Krey and everyone else. Sorry if I "highjacked a thread" or offended anyone.
      You can take the kickstand to a welding shop, have them cut 3/4-1" out of the center, weld the ends back together.

Or...

You can buy something like this...

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Krey, do you know if the 600 and 750 kick stands are interchangable ?
        My bike: 1990 Katana GSX750-F

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodeous View Post
          Krey, do you know if the 600 and 750 kick stands are interchangable ?
          They are the same or close enough to be 100% interchangable. I've yet to find a differnce, but I've not nessasarily spec-ed them out.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
          X