X

TAIL FAIRING

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAIL FAIRING

WOULD N E 1 KNOW IF I CAN PUT THE NEWER 2004 TWO SIDE TAIL FAIRINGS ON A 99 KAT??? ARE THE 98-03 FRAMES DIFFERENT FROM THE 04-05s ??? AND IF THEY ARE SWAPABLE CAN I USE A 99 REAR FENDER WITH THE 04 TAIL FAIRINGS? THANX IN ADVANCE... :P
    (((((((RIDE HARD OR GO HOME)))))))

I know the redesigned the tail light on the 04's. So that made the tail section plastics different. I would think that you could swap out the subframe. Go to a dealer and check one out. Measure everything you need to and go from them.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Yes the rears from the 03-04 will mount up but you need the inner fender and tail light assembly as well. And please STOP TYPING IN ALL CAPS!

Comment

From what I was told (by the local dealer as we went through the fiche together when the new style first came out), the rear subframe has changed to handle the new lighting, rear fairings, etc.

My advice: consider selling the '99 and buy the '03 if it's a big issue fo ryou -- I expect you'd spend almost as much or just as much doing the rear end conversion if you used new parts as the difference in model years would cost you on an upgrade.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X