Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Crashed my bike, now it won't start. Where to start troubleshooting?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
    (I didn't read all this crap to actually see if it's wrong, but if he was told it would start by just pulling the clutch cable with pliers... no it won't. )
    No, the brother had to use pliers to pull the clutch cable in to roll it when he picked it up from impound.
    Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Okay, let me sum this entire thread up nicely. "I wrecked my bike, why won't it start?" Cause you wrecked it. Carry on...

Comment

Originally posted by Badfaerie View Post
        No, the brother had to use pliers to pull the clutch cable in to roll it when he picked it up from impound.
        but he also said his brother tried to start it, but it wouldn't start. if anyone is even going to try to start a bike, they must know that you have to pull on the clutch handle. and seeing as there is no clutch handle to pull on, then it's either...

A: the brother thought pulling on the cable with vice grips would do it...
        or
        B: he tried to start it just by pushing on the starter button, without pulling on the clutch handle that isn't there, with it stuck in gear....possibly with the side stand down to boot.

my bet is that with the new clutch handle, it will start right up. and if it doesn't fire up, it will at least turn over.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Id say that is a safe bet mojoe, I would still check if the frame is straight before trying to ride it, and replace the busted cover and fill with oil before tryin to start it.
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            Okay, let me sum this entire thread up nicely. "I wrecked my bike, why won't it start?" Cause you wrecked it. Carry on...
            "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
            1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
            2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
              Id say that is a safe bet mojoe, I would still check if the frame is straight before trying to ride it, and replace the busted cover and fill with oil before tryin to start it.
              well, checking the frame to see if it is straight usually requires taking the bike apart right down to the frame so you can take measurements, which is a heck of a lot of work. but taking it for a spin will let you know if it is torqued bad enough to effect handling. I just wouldn't take it up to 100mph to try it....at least not right away. but he will have to eventually.

sometimes when you dump a bike, and twist something, you won't even know it until you do get it up to high speed. I know this for fact. my bike went perfect in 09 before the rally. so perfect that I could let go of the bars at 100mph and it would track true. after my spill at the rally I brought it home and changed the body with a spare set I had and kept riding. all was fine until one day I took he up to 90mph or so, and then all hell broke loose. terrible vibration in the bike, then when slowing down, a tank slapper started kicking in at about 50mph.

I parked the bike and haven't rode it since. I need to track down where it came from, and fix it. even though my forks appear straight, I believe that is where the problem lies.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Thanks a lot for all this information Mojoe, exactly the stuff I was looking for. I'll report back when those parts come in. Thanks again everyone

Comment

Working...
                X