X

Carb Vac nipple caps

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Vac nipple caps

The rubber caps that cover the vac nipples on carbs 1, 2, and 3 keep cracking from heat or getting dryrotted I have replaced them twice in the last 2 months. Anyone else have this happen?

That's some quick dry rot... I've never had it happen personally. When you replace them are you using new oem ones or did you pick up some old used crap from fleebay?
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

picked them up from pepboys. Not oem

Comment

I would try ordering the kind people have been using for 20 something years without a problem. www.bikebandit.com would probably be quickest. They shouldn't need replacing near that often.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Most of the "caps" I've seen available at the auto stores are more of a soft plastic, not actually rubber.

Add heat and plastic hardens and cracks.

You need full on rubber caps.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

If you need something to get you by while waiting on good ones to arrive you can use an inch of vacuum hose with a machine screw in the end to cap it off. Looks kinda ghetto but it works.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

JayBell ordered some viton caps from McMaster Carr and they work well.

If it's the wrong material, they will quickly dry out and crack.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

The only reason i clicked on this thread was because i saw "nipple" lol hahahahahahaha
                Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                Current Bikes:
                1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                  If you need something to get you by while waiting on good ones to arrive you can use an inch of vacuum hose with a machine screw in the end to cap it off. Looks kinda ghetto but it works.
                  +1 and Add a few more inches and it'll be a sinch to synch your carbs every time (98+)....did that to mine.
                  2004 GSX750F

Comment

The caps at some auto parts stores are made of a terrible material that will rot out very quickly. At others, you can get legitimate rubber caps that will hold up. Probably best to just order a set of OEM ones and be done with it.
                    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                    X