No announcement yet.
X

*Really Hard Starts**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is certainly a float needle issue. Meaning either float heights are incorrect or they're stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      That is certainly a float needle issue. Meaning either float heights are incorrect or they're stuck.
      Thank you so much arsenic.....man you must have been born with a 14mm in your hand...LOL... you the man....its prob a pain in the a$$ to answer questions from us "newbies" all the time.

I tried to adjust the first time I installed the factory pro kit in it, is there an easier way in set the floats ?

Do I bend the metal tang down to close and up to open more or what ??.

Comment

Bending the metal tang towards the carburetor gasket surface raises the float height. Bending the tang away from the gasket surface lowers the float height.

Comment

Bending the metal tang towards the carburetor gasket surface raises the float height. Bending the tang away from the gasket surface lowers the float height.

finished the carbs, now it wont start, AND I have another problem.....the starter starts turning over the bike as soon as I put the battery on its terminals, no key in the ignition and engine run switch is off . Pulled the starter switch apart,,, same results...

after I finished the carbs, I added a little fuel to the tank and tried to prime the engine. I can however hear the engine turning over much better than before.
          Last edited by Red007; 06-20-2011, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Well, that's an electrical issue, it has 0 to do with carbs. So, I'll leave the trouble shooting to others.

Comment

Fix your electrical short. Also, check your compression and compare it with service manual minimum pressure. If it's low then check your valve clearance. That's all I can think of.
              1988 Honda Hurricane CBR1000F (SOLD)
              2002 Suzuki Katana GSX600F

Comment

ALL,

Picked up a digital vernier caliper today !, going to make SURE them damn floats are EXACTLY 14mm specs according to Factory Pro Stage 1 kit instructions. Also soaked all parts for 2 days now, everything is free nothing is "sticking" i.e float needles etc.

I think my last problem was either a float needle stuck or the float height was not correct.

Comment

Sometimes specs of dirt/rust/etc can get stuck between the float needle and float seat, causing them to be stuck open. You can tap the carb with whatever tool you have handy to get it unstuck

Also, make sure the float seat o-rings are in good condition. I don't know if this has been mentioned, but you can bench test the floats by connecting the fuel tank and leaving it on prime. You should be able to leave it like that indefinitely
                  Last edited by jamesm113; 07-12-2011, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X