X

Carb Tuning for Slip-On

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Tuning for Slip-On

Hows it going guys. New hear. Just got my 06 Katana today and had to drain the tank and clean the carbs due to terribly bad gas. Anyway. Shes up and running now, but I am curious as to jetting for the bike.

The bike only has 1200 miles and the guy who I bought it from, bought it from someone who installed a Yoshi RS-3 slip on. Is this something I need to jet the bike for? I know alot about engines as I was an expert level ATV racer for almost 5 years, but recently got out of it. Would I just need a jet kit or should I call Yoshi up and ask them?
    New Carbs and new tires makes it hard to take it easy on the throttle....

You don't need to do jack for just a slip-on. One thing you should do is adjust the A/F screws too 2.5 turns out. Otherwise you'll get popping on decel. BTW, that's the second time I've posted this same thing today.

Comment

I did an ivan's performance jet kit and I am really pleased with the throttle response. It's glitch free, simple install, etc.

Comment

A jet kit is a good modification whether you are completely stock or not. It isn't nessecary for just a slip on.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Sorry Arsenic. I didnt search around. Not sure why. I belong to all sorts of forums so I know better. Thanks for the help guys. I wasnt sure if a jetting change would be necessary. How do I get to the A/F screw? Its covered up correct? And that was three really fast responses. This site is the chit

Comment

It will only be covered if the carbs have not been cleaned properly or adjusted before. And should look like this if it is still covered.
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Yup, that's exactly it. Just drill a small pilot hole. Be ready to pull back as soon as you break through the cap. Thread in a self tapping screw and yank it out with a pair of pliers. The cap will come right out with the screw.

Comment

well I know what Im doing this weekend. 2.5 turns out is a good start?

Comment

Yes
                  1992- project katfighter
                  2005- GSXR750
                  2001- TL1000R
                  www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Working...