X

B12 Swap Questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B12 Swap Questions

I am thinking about putting an 02 Bandit 1200 Engine into my 1996 Katana 600. I have a few questions about what will be needed for the swap.

1. Can I use my current air box?
    2. Will my current electrical system work?
    3. Can I use my current vance and hines exhaust, at least for now?

Thanks
    1996 Katana 600. D&D Custom Paint Job, Vance and Hines Full System, factory pro jet kit.

Pretty sure these questions have been answered before, and recently.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Ok from what I've found I can use my current air box and most of my electrical system, except the alternator drive gear. And I can use my CDI but the bandit CDI is preferred? Still haven't found a good answer on the exhuast yet
      1996 Katana 600. D&D Custom Paint Job, Vance and Hines Full System, factory pro jet kit.

Comment

Can you use the Vance and Hines full exhaust for a Katana 600/750? Sure. Should you? No. You may have some oil pan clearing issues. Along with the fact that that exhaust is far to slim in header diameter.

Comment

Ok I will try to find something else. Will the Bandit 1200 exhaust clear my plastics?

Comment

yes

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
              X