X

Running bad cant figure it out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running bad cant figure it out

I posted a few days ago wth a carb and running issue on my 00 Kat, 600. I jetted, timing advancer, gasket kit 6 wks ago and it ran grt for several wks, So I removed soaked and cleaned every jet and clean the carb bodies. Its still misfiring and sputtering under 5k rpms, even above 5k it hesitates, no throttle response. The #1 plug is black and I have checked the intake boots and air box boots, they have very small cracks nothing major. I need to get her fixed b4 the Rally next month, any suggestions? Thanks, bike has 25k on it, coil or plug wires?

Doesn't sound like the coils or the wires to me, sounds like your af mix is off. You running an oem filter?
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

More info...

Jet kit type and size? A/F screws were removed for the cleaning? What are they set at now? Exhaust type? Filter Type?

Have you checked for air/vacuum leaks? If yes, explain how.

Have you checked the floats are properly sealing off? If yes, explain how.

Have you had any electrical issues or low power issues? If yes, explain in detail.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Its a brand new oem filter, wth Ivan's jet kit, Scorpion slip-on. Didnt have it synced like a dummy, is that it? It was running grt for the for awhile, while in line to the Indy 500 it acted funny as if it was getting hot after maybe 10 min, so I shut it off and it was fine the rest of the way in and after the race too, heat an issue?

I adjusted the a/f mix screws to what Ivan told me over the phone and didnt mess wth them again, I have visually looked for leaks or cracks in tubing and boots, nothing at all but that doesnt mean a crack isnt there of course.

I also pulled the plugs and layed them against the head to check spark and #1 is a light orange color and blue spark for 2,3,4. I replaced the #1 plug few days ago NGK oem plug
        Last edited by nkir6674; 06-14-2011, 11:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Sync has a huge effect on rpms under 5k... Over that and the butterflies are wide open and no longer really do.

Yes, sync them before anything else at this point.

Use carb spary, starter fluid, or something else flamable to check for leaks while it's running. Small focuses bursts and wait a moment to see if the rpms rise. Check everywhere there is rubber to metal seal.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I did spray carb cleaner around all the boots and hoses, no rise in rpms. I will have them synced, That me trying to save money and shame on me lol. Thanks alot guys, I will update after its synced.

Comment

Working...
            X