Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip for newbees Running Problems

Before you do all sorts of work trying to get to run right
    #! YOU NEED A GOOD BATTERY
    here is a lesson I learned of how different a bike can run with a bad battery

Bad battery video

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Good battery Video

Caused me all kinds of trouble. Just saying FIRST YOU NEED A GOOD BATTERY NOT A JUMPER BOX
    93 Kat Sucati Made in Japoly

Yea a good battery is key to having good spark, which is one of the 3 essential needs for an engine to run.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
      Yea a good battery is key to having good spark, which is one of the 3 essential needs for an engine to run.
      I always learned that there were 4 essential things for an engine to run.

suck, squeeze, bang, blow...

That's how I learned it in automotive school and I will never forget!

Comment

Yep. Soon as I get new Battery DIEING to take for a blast. My fingers are crossed even if I bought a set of carbs for nothing

Comment

I was referring to spark, fuel and air; but I like the wording of the 4 essential things but it broght something else to mind before an engine...

Originally posted by JimmyNoShow View Post
          My fingers are crossed even if I bought a set of carbs for nothing
          Always good to have a spare set just incase.
          Last edited by cintidude04; 06-14-2011, 09:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by jetmerritt View Post

That's what she said???

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

That's a great topic to post about. It's amazing what a weak battery or bad/weak ground will do to a vehicle. It may run but it's far from ideal. Spark plugs will do the same. Don't be cheap and run the same set for several seasons like me.

Comment

Originally posted by jetmerritt View Post

That's how I learned it in automotive school and I will never forget!
                It's just suck, bang, and blow. No squeeze. Fuel (suck), Spark (bang), Compression (blow)

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyNoShow View Post
                  Before you do all sorts of work trying to get to run right
                  #! YOU NEED A GOOD BATTERY
                  here is a lesson I learned of how different a bike can run with a bad battery

Bad battery video

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Good battery Video

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff220/marbles53/Suzuki%20Katana%20Prodject%202011/?action=view&current=VID_20110612_151041.mp4#!oZZ1 QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs236.photobucket.com%2Falb ums%2Fff220%2Fmarbles53%2FSuzuki%2520Katana%2520Pr odject%25202011%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DVID _20110613_191025.mp4

Caused me all kinds of trouble. Just saying FIRST YOU NEED A GOOD BATTERY NOT A JUMPER BOX
                  You mentioned "jumper box" just curious.....

did you try to use a jumper box to start the bike and if so, what were the results ?. and if you used the jumper box, why would that not start the bike ?.

Comment

I've started a bike off of a jumper pack many times before.

Comment

Originally posted by Red007 View Post

did you try to use a jumper box to start the bike and if so, what were the results ?. and if you used the jumper box, why would that not start the bike ?.
                      It will start and run, but if the battery is toast your spark will still be extremely weak ie poor performance
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Red007 View Post

it started it ran but not right . bike will run on charger when dissconnected low voltage just screwed everything up; rode today . fouled plugs . resynced carbs still not right . need to have floats adjusted now . was misled , spent way too much money listening to too many Mr Knowitalls.. how do you think they learned ??? By asking questions! Someone told them.

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                        It will start and run, but if the battery is toast your spark will still be extremely weak ie poor performance
                        Yes I agree. Low Volts bad now new battery to runs better but back to origional problems Low end problems back to where I started. Sucks ! way too much money wasted on new carbs and stuff like that . I think the floats are set to give too much fuel. Maybe I'll go back to other set of carbs . It ran better and faster also with low throttle sputtering and other filter
                        Last edited by JimmyNoShow; 06-18-2011, 09:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                          It's just suck, bang, and blow. No squeeze. Fuel (suck), Spark (bang), Compression (blow)
                          Now I see why you avoid compression tests...

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                            I've started a bike off of a jumper pack many times before.
                            Yeah but was battery charging ?? or taking a charge correctly ? and did you ride with low voltage ? It rides different than sitting connected with charger on it or jumper pack ! You didn't ride with it or lemme guess you dynoed it ?

Comment

No, I just said that I've STARTED bikes with a jumper pack many times. I didn't say they ran right, or that fixed the problem. I though dude was asking if it started. And BTW. I'd NEVER put a bike with a low battery on the dyno. That's one of the things ya check first.
                              Last edited by arsenic; 06-18-2011, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X