Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
    See my above post (though I guess my memory was off by 50 RPM):

Originally posted by jamesm113 View Post
    Also, I can't set the idle at 1800RPM like the service manual requires. The idle starts to hang/rev up to 2k if I set it any higher than 1350-1400RPM.

Comment

Ill agree with james we can't get it to stay there I can't even by hand
      $ S Z B $

Comment

Should fuel come out of the on position of the petcock when there is no vacuume line hooked up to it and its off the bike?
        $ S Z B $

Comment

No

Comment

I'd think that would cause some problems but even on prime it still doesn't idle right
            $ S Z B $

Comment

I think you are moving further away from your actual problem. The petcock isn't going to make your bike idle funny.

Comment

I'm looking at the the floats and stuff right now I decided to tear it down one more time after this though I'm done with the bike if it don work
                $ S Z B $

Comment

Sounds like a plan.

Comment

Any idea how to get the bowls of if u strip the screws from putting them on to tight? Yeah I'm an idiot
                    $ S Z B $

Comment

There are several ways. The easiest is too dremel a slot in them and use a flat head screw driver.

Comment

Thanks
                        $ S Z B $

Comment

Ok so I forgot to replace the o rings on the float assembly and they aren't in good shape
                          $ S Z B $

Comment

You mean the needle valve o-rings? There is two on each float, a smaller one and a larger one. They hold the floats in? Why are you posting "you forgot" replace them.

Comment

Is this normal? The idle screw barely touches the throttle stopper-linkage thingy (sorry for the imprecise terms) when it's 100% in. I put my pinky in there to show how big the gap is. There are no throttle cables attached and I am not holding the throttle plates open - they are closed.
                              Attached Files

Comment

there's no idle adjuster assembly screwed into that.

Comment

Working...
                                X