No announcement yet.
X

Cleaning the Pilot Circuit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have exactly the same problem. I never knew the cause. I subscribe. I think if you can solve your problem, I can fix mine! So far we have tried everything equally.

Comment

If you have not synced the carbs yet, then you can/will have idle issues and throttle response issues.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Haven't tried syncing the carbs yet, did a bench sync though. I'll get the carbs sync'ed

The drain hose is capped (new hose as well).

I've also replaced the float bowl gaskets.

I can try 3.5 or 4 turns out, but I feel like the A/F screw shouldn't be that far out on a stock setup (stock jets, stock exhaust, stock air filter)

Comment

They shouldn't. SYNC THE CARBS!

Comment

It's true. You must synchronize the carburetors.
            So my case is different. I have the same problem, even with the carbs synchronized.

Comment

How did you sync them? Vacuum gauges or a real manometer?

Comment

You're asking me?
                I do it with a homemade vacuometer (hose and oil). But I do not want to divert the attention of this thread, that ottoguy resolve his problem first.

Comment

Which are recommended? Vacuum gauges or a manometer like motion pro's sync pro? I've had a couple people offer to loan me their carb sync tools, including a twinmax (which looks easy to use), and a sync pro. I also see some vacuum gauges on fleabay that are fairly inexpensive.

Also, I can't set the idle at 1800RPM like the service manual requires. The idle starts to hang/rev up to 2k if I set it any higher than 1350-1400RPM.

And actually my idle screw is all messed up, I can barely screw it in enough to get the butterfly valves to rest on it. It's idling fine without resting on it. And the throttle cable is loose.

Comment

Vacuum gauges are the worst way to sync carbs in the history of forever.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesm113 View Post
                      Also, I can't set the idle at 1800RPM like the service manual requires. The idle starts to hang/rev up to 2k if I set it any higher than 1350-1400RPM.
                      Me too!

Comment

i have the same issue as you all know. my airbox drain hose isnt capped though. And i tryed to sync them even though i also could not get the bike to idle where it should have been and i use a homemade meter also.
                        $ S Z B $

Comment

Really, your drain hose isn't capped? Well, do that.

Comment

Lol just did and no difference but ill keep it capped this time
                            $ S Z B $

Comment

How should I sync the carbs? At 2k or at 1350k?

Also, I talked with a tech at the dealer, he thought the hanging revs meant it was running rich and wanted to a compression test

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X