X

clutch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch

Well the clutch is just about gone in my 90 600 just wondering where the best place to get one and i dont want to go oem cause the motor is not stock and i do not feel like putting another clutch in later so i want to do the frictions and springs so if anyone has a good place to get these let me know thanks
    1990 kat 600 sigpic

Oem is more than good enough for any Katana application...

But if you really WANT aftermarket for whatever reason, Barnett and EBC make good kits.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

ebc supposedly has stiffer springs, maybe that will make the clutch harder. someone has to confirm this. I just think I read it somewhere here....

I wouldnt want my clutch to be harder.. ( thats what she said )
      2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
        ebc supposedly has stiffer springs, maybe that will make the clutch harder. someone has to confirm this. I just think I read it somewhere here....

I wouldnt want my clutch to be harder.. ( thats what she said )
        Yes, stiffer springs mean a harder cable pull. Unless you have a 750 or 1100 with a **** ton of work done to it, it's impossible to overwhelm a healthy clutch pack with OEM springs.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I thought it was the barnett racing kit with the real strong springs.
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
            I thought it was the barnett racing kit with the real strong springs.

Most aftermarket "kits" come with stronger springs, but it's not necessary to use them. I had EBC springs in my Katana and stop and go traffic was a bear.

The only reason I could imagine stronger springs being necessary is either someone who clutches up wheelies all day or drag races. Neither of which fit the Katana application.

But then again, with the price of OEM equipment anymore it might be more cost effective...

Comment

well the original clutch didn't last long and i had a spare motor i pulled the clutch out of it which had better looking steels and fibers and stronger springs and it is now slipping bad in any gear other than 1st at anything over 1/4 throttle so i think i need to breakdown and get another clutch so does anyone know the best place to get one
              Last edited by Philskat; 06-11-2011, 04:43 PM.
              1990 kat 600 sigpic

Comment

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Comment

I have done that was wanting to know where others had purchased from good or bad service that kind of stuff
                  1990 kat 600 sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Philskat View Post
                    I have done that was wanting to know where others had purchased from good or bad service that kind of stuff
                    i like denis kirk for aftermarket http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/common...FRIq7Aod5kmkOA

Comment

Originally posted by Philskat View Post
                      ... it is now slipping bad in any gear other than 1st at anything over 1/4 throttle ...
                      I'm not doubting that your clutch needs to be replaced but you might want to re-evaluate your choice of motor oil, too. I've been riding on the street for over 20 years--all of it on older bikes--and never had a clutch slip. That's the beauty of a wet clutch. If things are right they last just about forever.
                      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

barnett clutch kits on ebay brand new for cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                          I'm not doubting that your clutch needs to be replaced but you might want to re-evaluate your choice of motor oil, too. I've been riding on the street for over 20 years--all of it on older bikes--and never had a clutch slip. That's the beauty of a wet clutch. If things are right they last just about forever.
                          I have tried Lucas bike oil spectro bike oil and ams and all the same results. the spectro and lucas were both semi synthetic and ams was full synthetic and thats all i have ever put in the bike in the 2 years ive been riding it. I do not know what was used before i got it but it was parked in 92 when it was wrecked untill i got it a little over 2 years ago where i changed the oil before i started it and put the lucas oil in it
                          1990 kat 600 sigpic

Comment

Maybe the plates built up some rust while it was sitting. All of my bikes were being actively ridden or at least under a carport before I bought them. None ever spent any time sitting out in a parts yard.
                            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                            X