X

Stupid Mistake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Mistake

I won't go into details, but I made a very stupid mistake and laid my bike down on my self in my garage while parking it. Obviously it's ok as it never laid all the way down since it used me as a mattress. May have made it to about the limit of how far you'd lean while cornering hard, probably not even that far. It was still running when it came down (I know another dumb mistake) but i turned it off immediately after it fell on me and had it back upright within another second or 2. My question is would this have leaked gas into my oil? I don't think it did, the oil still seems to be slippery and kinda syrupy feeling and doesn't smell like gas as far as I can tell, but I'm about to make a 1500 mile + trip and would rather not attempt that on gas infested oil. I don't want to swap my engine just yet. I took it for a ride and it all seems good, no odd ticks or knocks, and still shifted smooth and clutch felt fine. I'd rather not change this oil though, it has maybe 500 miles on it and cost me over 50 bucks with filter.

You should be fine. Check your "vent tubes" under the bike to make sure they're clear.
    Don't worry about it, everyone drops a bike eventually...

Comment

If it didnt shut off, it wasn't over too far, no harm no fowl.
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by superbike View Post
        You should be fine. Check your "vent tubes" under the bike to make sure they're clear.
        Don't worry about it, everyone drops a bike eventually...
        i dropped mine one day after 250 miles in the mtns. got home and "put the stand down" and promptly had it fall on me. go figure.
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
          i dropped mine one day after 250 miles in the mtns. got home and "put the stand down" and promptly had it fall on me. go figure.
          Kinda what happened to me, I've been having battery problems and got stranded at a gas station in 90+ degree weather in my riding clothes for over an hour because my roommates girlfriend took forever to get ready just to come bring me jumper cables Needless to say I was extremely ****ed and in a hurry to make it to my bank to pay rent before it closed, and when I pulled in the garage I hopped off and put the stand down and realized it wasn't far enough in the garage to clear the door so I pushed it forward and apparently popped the stand back up because I went to put it down on it and got raped to the ground Didn't realize how heavy this bike was until my scrawny *** had to push it off of me and back upright. I got real lucky though, I was about half an inch from sending the grip through the door on my Z that's parked next to it. I probably would've just laid there had I done that haha. Lesson learned I guess, don't be in a hurry when parking and make ABSOLUTE sure the stand is actually down.

Comment

Originally posted by burrsg101 View Post
            Kinda what happened to me, I've been having battery problems and got stranded at a gas station in 90+ degree weather in my riding clothes for over an hour because my roommates girlfriend took forever to get ready just to come bring me jumper cables Needless to say I was extremely ****ed and in a hurry to make it to my bank to pay rent before it closed, and when I pulled in the garage I hopped off and put the stand down and realized it wasn't far enough in the garage to clear the door so I pushed it forward and apparently popped the stand back up because I went to put it down on it and got raped to the ground Didn't realize how heavy this bike was until my scrawny *** had to push it off of me and back upright. I got real lucky though, I was about half an inch from sending the grip through the door on my Z that's parked next to it. I probably would've just laid there had I done that haha. Lesson learned I guess, don't be in a hurry when parking and make ABSOLUTE sure the stand is actually down.
            and in gear so it doesn't roll.
            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I'm sorry. I laughed. Is that mean of me?

I was OK until you got to the part about your scrawny *** trying to lift the bike. It's way too easy to see myself in the same situation. I'm pretty scrawny, too.
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I laugh at myself thinking back haha. I'm like 5' 8" and 135-145 lbs depending on the day. So ya I'm tiny haha. I just have a tiny *** bone structure.

Comment

You know, I'm a big mofo. Not a monster, but big enough that people always seem to want to use me to lift sh**, so I can't relate these days. However, when I first joined the Air Force in '85 I was like 160 (scrawny at 6'2), and had incidents where the bike got cranked over too far and I couldn't stop it.

I agree that there should be no issues.
                  =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                    You know, I'm a big mofo. Not a monster, but big enough that people always seem to want to use me to lift sh**, so I can't relate these days. However, when I first joined the Air Force in '85 I was like 160 (scrawny at 6'2), and had incidents where the bike got cranked over too far and I couldn't stop it.

I agree that there should be no issues.
                    ^ seal of approval!
                    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                    ------------------------------------------
                    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Working...
                    X