X

Need help diagnosing problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help diagnosing problem

My bike is a 91 600. The main problem is, the bike has trouble getting moving, the revs are low.
    Even when it is moving it doesn't feel like all cylinders are firing. Its hard to keep the bike running,
    it wants to stall. After it stalls you have to give it throttle to get it to start.

At full throttle it will only rev to 2k. If you hold the throttle at 1/8 for about a minute it will clear it's
    self out and allow you to rev it like normal, but if you try to drive it, it will want to stall again.

Also this happened once, but hasn't happened since. i started my bike and I'm sure that gas shot
    out of the tail pipe. It drove for a bit then stalled. I parked it for the night and when I got back to
    the bike there was puddle of gas under it. The only place I saw gas leaking from was the air box
    drain hose. It hasn't leaked gas since though. I'm not sure if these promlems are related or not.

My buddy said he took the carbs apart in the spring and cleaned them, and so far I've checked
    spark plugs, Wires, plug caps, and coils. The secondary coil reading was lower then acceptable on
    both coils. I also checked the fuel filter, the bike has new gas lines.

Any help would be great, I'm pretty lost!

Sounds like you will need to re clean those carbs correctly and set them up properly. My experience is buddies that say they just cleaned the carbs generally dont know what they are doing.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Your carbs are not cleaned nor set up right inside.

download carb 101 from the wiki (link at top)

Read... multiple times.

Ask questions, then clean and set them right. Or have someone do it for you.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
        Sounds like you will need to re clean those carbs correctly and set them up properly. My experience is buddies that say they just cleaned the carbs generally dont know what they are doing.
        Well my buddy is the previous owner, and has owned it for 8 years. He's cleand the carbs before
        and hasn't had this problem.

Comment

That's when it was HIS bike. Trust me, that makes a difference.

Comment

Well we just wanted to rule out any other problem before we looked at the carbs again.

Comment

Working...
            X