X

Bike fell over and now running loud.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike fell over and now running loud.

Alright well i just found an 05 kat on craigslist. the guy thats selling says that it was dropped and than says after the bike drops ur suppose to pick it up and let the oil settle down and then start it. but says the guy started it right up after it was down and now its running loud. What do you guys think the problem might be? just looking for heads up cuz he is sellin it pretty cheap.
    Vlad The Russian

If I had to guess, I would say ita's an exhaust leak.
    Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

Originally posted by 5forty2 View Post
      If I had to guess, I would say ita's an exhaust leak.
      ohh srry forgot to say... loud noise from engine... he says that bike was down and was started right up after picked up and that maybe something starved some oil and broke or something... just wondering what it could be. he says bike runs and drives except for that noise
      Vlad The Russian

Comment

I really doubt you could damage an engine to that degree just because the oil had not settled back into the pan fast enough after it dropped, if that is what the guy is trying to imply. More likely someone ran it without oil or with little oil for a bit or something was broken when it dropped. Is he sure the noise is internal to the engine?

Get a mechanic to look it over. Otherwise, stay clear of it.
        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
          I really doubt you could damage an engine to that degree just because the oil had not settled back into the pan fast enough after it dropped, if that is what the guy is trying to imply. More likely someone ran it without oil or with little oil for a bit or something was broken when it dropped. Is he sure the noise is internal to the engine?

Get a mechanic to look it over. Otherwise, stay clear of it.
          yea he says its from engine... but if something broke... how does it run and drive?
          Vlad The Russian

Comment

What does it sound like? May have just tweeked the header and messed up one of the gaskets, making it sound like it is coming from the engine, and that would be loud. However, with no info I dont think anyone can narrow it down for you.
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

ahh alright. well ill try giving him a call tomorrow to setup an appointment to see whats up with it... ohh and thnx alot for all the things all u said so far. im sure they will be helpfull for when i go check out. thnx
              Last edited by Vlad; 06-09-2011, 08:50 PM.
              Vlad The Russian

Comment

Sold your kat when ya got the sv and already getting another lol love it brother.
                1992- project katfighter
                2005- GSXR750
                2001- TL1000R
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Working...
                X