X

Anyone have a idea on what.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a idea on what.....

To use to clean the inside of the of the case when I am changing my clutch cable by the gear shift lever? Forgive me if someone has already asked this.

Also for some reason my RPM keeps fluctuating from 1k to 1.4k. Does this mean I have to get my carbs synched?
    Last edited by BD_Ice; 05-20-2011, 04:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Seems, every time I fix something something else goes wrong. Guess that's why forums were made.
    Lol.

sigpic

Degreaser? And a sync cant hurt.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

any degreaser. the chapest is plain old diesel ( not gasoline ) . works like a charm too. buy as much as you want from the gas station and pour it in some spray bottle. spray away. this will mess up the ground so use lots of newspaper.
      2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Or do it in a bucket. The pink plastic tub they sent my wife home with after she had our kids works well. A parts cleaning brush is nice to have, too. (Looks like a big fat model paintbrush, about 1" diameter. They've got them at Autozone and HF.)
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by BD_Ice View Post
          Also for some reason my RPM keeps fluctuating from 1k to 1.4k. Does this mean I have to get my carbs synched?

This means you have a vacuum/air leak somewhere causing a bouncy idle.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Hmm. Is there some tool or place I can test to see if I have a air leak some where?
            Seems, every time I fix something something else goes wrong. Guess that's why forums were made.
            Lol.

sigpic

Comment

With the engine running, wave a propane torch (unlit) around in there. If the idle jumps then you've found the leak.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

You can also use starter fluid, rubbing alchohol in a spritzer/spray bottle, pretty much anything flamable that can get sucked into the leak. It will cause the rpms to change when it does as you richen the mixture artificially that way.

Spray small specific spots.... to find and narrow down where the leak is.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Alright now I got the right thread. Kind of unsure on where else to look for any leaks other than the boots by the carbs.... Any ideas?
                  Lol.

sigpic

Comment

Where the boots connect to the engine block, and where the boots connect to the carbs on both sides.
                    1992- project katfighter
                    2005- GSXR750
                    2001- TL1000R
                    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Alright. Ill try that. Thanks. Hopefully that gives me insight on where the leak might be if there is any.
                      Lol.

sigpic

Comment

The other air leak sources a lot of folks overlook are where the airbox boots connect to the airbox (seal up with some weatherstrip adhesive) and the airbox drain.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Any place there is a rubber connecting to something...

The small caps on the sync ports, etc...

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Comment

(I have this problem too a bit) Now, someone was saying that you're not supposed to tighten up the seals around the engine-carb boots all the way,

but when I went to get my carbs synced, the guy screwed them in all the way, and said they're supposed to be right tight...

Who is right or wrong?
                            1999 600 Katana
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gold View Post
                              (I have this problem too a bit) Now, someone was saying that you're not supposed to tighten up the seals around the engine-carb boots all the way,

but when I went to get my carbs synced, the guy screwed them in all the way, and said they're supposed to be right tight...

Who is right or wrong?

Tight, and over torqued so your bending/crushing the rubber or warping the metal band... are 2 different things.

It should should be tight, but the two sides of the band probably should not be touching each other... or something is wrong.

Krey
                              93 750 Kat

Comment

Working...
                              X