X

runs on 2 and 3 but not 1 and 4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• runs on 2 and 3 but not 1 and 4

when i bought the bike it ran on 2 and 3 only until i replaced the coils and then it ran fine for ten min. i shut it off and when i tryed to start it again, same story, i have to choke the **** out of it and then it will run on 2 and 3. i have been told it is the cdi but they are super high priced, so anyone got and idea, i don't want to throw parts at it unless i know for sure

thanks for the help guys.
    LIL NICK

are you getting spark on 1&4?

Comment

Originally posted by lil nick View Post
      when i bought the bike it ran on 2 and 3 only until i replaced the coils and then it ran fine for ten min. i shut it off and when i tryed to start it again, same story, i have to choke the **** out of it and then it will run on 2 and 3. i have been told it is the cdi but they are super high priced, so anyone got and idea, i don't want to throw parts at it unless i know for sure

Recreate the problem by moving it...

For example, swap the connections on the coils, and swap the coil wires on the plugs.

Move the plug wires connected to 1-4 and put them on 2-3. Plug the others on, move the electrical wires... black and white... swap them. Don't need to bother with the orange/w wires... they are both always hot with key on.

If you now have moved the problem, you know it's not a carb issue, not a coil issue, and not a plug or plug wire issue.

That leaves pretty much 2 options... Wires between to the ICM, or the ICM it's self (Ignition Control Module also called somtimes a cdi)

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

+1
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by lil nick View Post

That shouldn't have anything to do with a spark issue. If it will start by choking it, it's a fueling issue.
          Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Working...
          X