X

gas tank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas tank

went to put gas in mt kat today and looked in the tank and saw there is alot of seddiment at the bottom of the tank. waqs wondering what is the best way to get it out with out taking it to someone. i thought i washed it out good when i took it off and painted it. but guess not i know there is a screen at the petcock but dont like it there.

POR-15

Comment

Best bet is going to be to drain the tank down, dry it completely in the sun, swish some sand and gravel around inside to loosen everything up and then vacuum it all out using a chunk of garden hose duct taped to a shop vac.

Or you could just let it be.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

i used gravel when i took it off to paint to loosen rust but guess i didn't get it all out ill have to try the shop vac. i seen the sealer stuff before. might do that to since it will be off.

Comment

`
          Last edited by Guest; 06-03-2011, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Kreem Is the only sealer I've heard people have the kind of problems your referring to with. I've never experienced those problems and I've used it on all of my recreational vehicles.
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I've heard Kreem peels as well. I JUST por15ed mine, so hopefully all goes well. If you have large chunks of rust, as I did, I used a round magnet on a string and just moved the tank around alot until it found it's way to the magnet, then repeated until I got nothing else.

Comment

Working...
              X