carb/airbox help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, here's on the correct side.

Comment

It's official. Boots will never fit. Accoring to ronayers.com the # on my boots is for an 88-89 kat. What really chaps my butt is I found this all out afer missing a complete box for a 95 for $10. Thats ok though, I'm basically a bottom feeder nd can afford to wait on another deal to come up. Till then will it hurt to run the bike without the box. Just to do a little more work on it and more to test everything out than tune it. (like if I hook up aux gas tank will it run for more than a few seconds)
      When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

You won't have any power to speak of unless you go to a whole bunch of trouble with the jetting. Oh, and unless you run pod filters you'll suck all kinds of junk into your engine, ruining the rings and valves.

Other than that it'll be fine!
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Already knew that but figured i'd ask anyway. The only thing worse than not having a bike is having one and not being able to ride it

Comment

I know what you mean. My 750 dropped a valve on my second ride of the season two years ago. I didn't have any weekends to work on it so I was trying to get stuff done in the evenings after work. Took me until June to get it back on the road.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Its been about 5yrs since I've even owned a bike.something always came up like braces for my oldest. Finally had to put my foot down and compromise with a basket case. Figure i'll get it running this season and either rider it fighter style or mix n match plastic, and save the paint for this winter. With red, blue, black, and maroon plastic, I could call it a calico kay

Comment

Post up in the wanted section here the parts you need, and the price range your willing to pay. I'm sure someone has what you need and is willing to negotiate price.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Just need to hit that pesky 50 post mark. Well on my way
                  If I can't ride my bike I might as well talk about it.

Comment

New airbox showed up today and perfect fit. Seems my old one was off an 88/89. holes for the boots are way smaller than on the new one. At least now I can get down to fixing the bike. Only question now is does anyone need a box for a 88/89.

Comment

I'm having the exact same problem that you were on my 94 600F. My numbers of the airbox match what you had and it appears as if I have the 750 carbs too. What did you end up ordering?...a 750 airbox??

Comment

Didn't have 750 carbs just the wrong airbox. Your carbs shoul have 44c10 on them somewhere. If so you got the correct carbs for your year. The problem was the 88-89 600's used a different airbox, which is what I had. Just ordered a new one to fit a 94 bike. Check the # on the boot. The #'s for your are 13881-13884 followed by 20c00. To be sure look at the fiche on www.ronayers.com to make sure I got that right.

Comment

Working...
                        X