X

D & D exhaust question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D & D exhaust question

I have an 05 Katana 750 and am wanting to swap exhaust with a buddy that has a 98 Katana 600 with a D&D slip-on.

Would there be any problems for either of us in doing this? Would it require re-jetting or carb-syncs?

Just wanting to know what i'm getting into before we do the swap.

Thanks!!!
    You can have my Kat when you pry my cold dead butt from upon it.

Should be able to swap without problems, it is recommended that you jet your carbs otherwise your bike will run lean.
    Nik
    88 Katana GSX600F, 19k miles, Total Custom- Soon to be revealed!!!!!!!

Comment

Double check with D&D to ensure that the part numbers for their 600 can and their 750 can are the same.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I checked a couple of sites and the 600 and 750 use the same can.

Comment

They are the same and actually D&D Recommends no jet kit they did there dyno pull with the full system and no jet kit no ignition advancer or anything all stock even air filter and had outstanding numbers. However I ran a D&D slip on, on my 01 for a week and it is extremely loud. There is a little bit of alignment issue with their midpipe also but i'm not so certain that my midpipe and can didn't come off of the D&D Headers also. I had to scrape the gasket in the collectors to get it to go in all the way. Again D&D is extremely loud and got obnoxious after only a few days but i will say it had alot better top end on my bike with the ignition advancer too. But if he's willing to swap go for it everything is the same. You should have no problems.

Comment

Hey Kanadventure......I am sure this will work. Also, you might see if the 'newbie' wants to swap that new exhaust gasket on with the D&D or your stock system......it's in the box with the original sprockets.

How does it sound on that 750?
            My sig is boring.

Comment

Cool....sounds like the D&D should slip right on without any problems. I live WAY out in the country, so i'm looking for a louder pipe. Seems the deer around here find my stock pipe quite 'amusing'.

Now, my buddy should be able to slip my stock pipe right on his as well, right?

Thanks everyone!!!

KR - We're shooting for the swap this weekend.

Comment

Working...
              X