X

Fuel Tank Liner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Tank Liner

I am in the process redoing my tank now and am going to put a nice fuel tank liner on it to prevent any rust from reoccurring. I had some rust in my tank, which I have gotten the little bits out, but I want to throw a liner in there to prevent it from happening again.

i was looking into the por-15 kit, but just want to see anyone's experiences with it or any other brand.

I want to know what brands you used, and where you bought it, and how you like it.

Thanks,
    Brian
    Last edited by venturesomerite; 03-31-2011, 03:01 PM.

I have had great esperiences with por15. Never used kreem but I've more bad than good from it.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
      I have had great esperiences with por15. Never used kreem but I've more bad than good from it.
      That's what I had read as well. Just wanted to double check.

How long does por-15 liner take to tack to the point where it won't all run down to the bottom of the tank (aka when you can stop rotating it)

Not worried about cure time as I'll do it next week, but bike won't be ridable untill next month.

Comment

If you put the whole can in you wil have plenty leftover, just rotate it until you are confident it has cover the entire inside relatively evenly. Drain the remainder into the can. Just be sure to follow the instructions and be sure it is dry before using the sealer.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Working...
        X