Rear rotors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear rotors

Hi guys,

This is my first post on this forum so please don't flame to much...

I'm a total newbie, on this forum, as a motrocycle rider and a Katana owner.

I bought a 1988 GSX-1100F Katana last summer, rode it until the last legal days here in Canada and love it! It's very powerful and agile!

Now it is a 20+year old bike and even though it's been rebuilt I do have to change some parts.

The biggest issues right now are on the rear wheel, I need to change the tire, rotor and pads. I have already purchased a new tire but need help with the rest.

My question may seem very basic and silly but I don't know, so I ask

I have a 6 bolt, 275mm rotor on the back. Can I change this to any brand rotor or does it have to be an OEM part?

As for the pads, I checked in my manual but can't find an answer to this. Are the pads the same for all 1988 GSX? Like the 600, 750, etc.? I'm asking because I wanted to buy some on ebay but wasn't sure if I could buy 750s for my 1100.

Finally (I know there's most likely a thread about this already), do you guys have favorite online merchants? I tend to go for ebay alot but you may know better for parts.

Thank you!!!

[
    Hello and welcome to the forums.
    I personally don't own a 1100 but I can share my thoughts and alittle knowledge with you.
    You asked about useing any rear disk / rotor. From what I've noticed here on the forums, some guys criticize the cheap rotors you find on ebay. If you ever noticed most of the time you get what you pay for. I'm not real sure if all of them are made poor but its not something you want to chance since your only rideing on two wheels. I assume they wear out quick or something due to cheap metal ? I would try to find a parts bike for OEM parts ( I like Craigslist.org)

Next, you can cross reference part numbers from the 600, 750, 1100
    useing the parts map/ fiche at Suzuki parts house:

and Bike Bandit:

Of course your local Suzuki Dealership is always a safe bet since your dealing with someone face to face.
    Hope this helps
    Later
    My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

Working...
    X