Clear All

buy a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      buy a new one.

it's only $3.50....

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

being stubborn i decided to not go buy the plug

i cut a piece of hose and sealed one end and covered it...worked good

cleaning workked !

note to self : buy that plug whenever i get a chance

Comment

Make sure whatever hose you used is rated for submersion in gasoline or you'll be finding chunks of it in your jets.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

fuel hose it should hold up

by the way whats it called so i can get one??
            Last edited by napkinthief; 03-14-2011, 12:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

a pilot jet plug P/N 13357-34C00

Comment

Thats exactly what i been waiting to hear! Why would they plug that hole with METAL plugs. So now i have to drill them out. I did the same thing, soaking and blowing the jets out with an airbrush. The are squeaky clean, i checked with magnifier. The bike starts and runs but wont idle. It wont take full throttle either.

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                The jets get seated all the way tight.

The A/F screws are adjustments that you seat and turn out 2.5 turns. These are not jets. They are external to the bowl, and many times covered by metal plugs you have to drill out.

Buy new rubber stoppers for the pilot jets. If you don't get it exactly right, or accidently partially stop up the cross over fuel feed... it will never run right and be a pain to get back apart to fix. They are not that expensive.

As for the cap, you need accees and use of that port for syncing the carbs. Fix the cap/replace the cap. But make sure you can use that port.

Overall, if you have not removed the A/F screws as part of your cleaning, it's not complete yet.

Krey
                Thanks, i think that may answer all my questions about where the A/F (air+fuel) screws are.
                Last edited by DaPurjn1; 04-14-2012, 08:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                CHILL WILL

Comment

Originally posted by DaPurjn1 View Post
                  Thats exactly what i been waiting to hear! Why would they plug that hole with METAL plugs. So now i have to drill them out. I did the same thing, soaking and blowing the jets out with an airbrush. The are squeaky clean, i checked with magnifier. The bike starts and runs but wont idle. It wont take full throttle either.

Thanks, i think that may answer all my questions about where the A/F (air+fuel) screws are.
                  To make the EPA happy. So you just can't go messing with the fuel mixture.

Comment

Working...
                  X