X

backfiring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backfiring

can anyone help i have 95 kat that backfires sometimes any ideas what may cause this?

this sounds familiar to another recent post. more info is needed. is it backfiring through the carbs or popping on decel? what mods,etc.?
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Backfire or afterfire?
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        Backfire or afterfire?
        that is the big question..

Backfire: When the engine either farts or actually fires backwards into the carbs. (sounds like PoooFFFtttttt)

Afterfire: when unburned gas in the exhaust lights up. and fires out the tail pipe. (BANG or POPOPOPOP)

Comment

yea, wasnt there a thread with this exact same question and missing info just a few days ago?
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Working...
          X