Air or oil cooled, fuel injection?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air or oil cooled, fuel injection?

Hey,
    I was looking at getting a bandit 1200 engine installed in my kat and noticed that it asks for an oil cooling system (one stock with the kat)
    i have a 2000 750 kat and was wondering if that necessarily means that it is oil cooled, because i noticed taht everywhere i go to check it says "air/oil cooled" does this say it uses both or that it uses either?
    also, what are teh advantages of having a fuel injected system installed vs the cost/difficulty of doing something like that.
    I was reading from the other closed thread that touches on this but just wanted to clarify things with those who know better than i.

The Suzuki SACS engines are all air/oil cooled. I think this thread explains it quite well.
    A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
    mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

Comment

its an air cooled engine....
      with an oil cooler oiling system.
      without the oil cooler the engine would quickly see extreme engine temps and suffer engine damage. but the oil cooler does no control engine cylinder/head temps, just oil temp
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

If you dont even know that much round your engine are you sure your ready to be throwing in a b12?? or you just gonna pay someone to do it for you?
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

i dont plan on doing it soon... and i wouldnt be doing it alone, my dad has alot of mech experience, im just doing a bit of research beforehand...

Comment

The mid 80's was frick'in awesome time for bikes- all makes were coming out with stuff totally different from what they made for the last 10-15 years.Kawa was coming out with water cooled bikes, Yamaha had some wierd stuff, Honda had those cool v-4 bikes and Suzuki, well they they said that SACS was the cat's meow because using oil instead of water resulted in an overall lighter motor. Don't argue with them as the GSX1100R was a light, fast bike.I think it was in '93 that they ditched that philosophy and went water cooled like the rest. The motor was brought back for the B6 and B12, it took tighter emission regs to kill it off.
            Think of the Suzuki SACS motor as the finest, most durable non water cooled four cylinder ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
              The mid 80's was frick'in awesome time for bikes- all makes were coming out with stuff totally different from what they made for the last 10-15 years.Kawa was coming out with water cooled bikes, Yamaha had some wierd stuff, Honda had those cool v-4 bikes and Suzuki, well they they said that SACS was the cat's meow because using oil instead of water resulted in an overall lighter motor. Don't argue with them as the GSX1100R was a light, fast bike.I think it was in '93 that they ditched that philosophy and went water cooled like the rest. The motor was brought back for the B6 and B12, it took tighter emission regs to kill it off.
              Think of the Suzuki SACS motor as the finest, most durable non water cooled four cylinder ever made.
              +1
              sigpic
              "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
              "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Comment

Working...
              X