Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 katana gsxf 750cc

suzukibob
    thanks guys!!!!
    ok its another cold day in western new york if you could tell me how the petcocck valve wrks as far as prime/on/off im leaving it on prime and i just went out to start and a took a lil bit but shes on. now mind you in the summer i had no problem starting this puppy up.GSXFJim i just bought the battery but it did start quite fast with jump lookin into replacing.Devinjordan & cintidude04 um as far as the running rich it takes a while of turning over but she sparks when the fuel hits and after that first lazy start and she gets warm shes all good on every time she starts. its the first initial start up in 5 degree weather.BlackKat Joe i will get the cleaning of the carbbs and coil. need to start up like you do one try! thanks guys
    Attached Files
    Last edited by suzukibob; 01-31-2011, 11:13 PM. Reason: pics

Might be running to rich and fouling the plugs? Pull the plugs and see if they are indeed fouled.

Comment

Try this: Hook up some jumpers to a car battery (not running) so you know you've got a full 12 volts and plenty of juice to spin the engine nice and quick. leave the choke off and turn it over for a few seconds to clear the cylinders. Then put the choke on full, keep your fingers off the throttle and hit the starter. if it was running before and you haven't done anything to it since then it should crank up. For future reference, don't mess with the throttle when you're starting. If the carbs are right then you shouldn't have to and, in fact, it makes it harder to start. You'll flood the engine. With my '95 750 I don't touch the throttle until it's off the choke.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

MikeyZ and Wild-Bill thanks plugs were fould and it needed a full 12 volts to start! starts great now but its cold out here i could see this happening again with no heated garage or anything. hey could you help me post my pics i try and cant just seem to do it rite. i would like to find out to see if there is an ezier way
        Last edited by suzukibob; 01-30-2011, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Post to photobucket or a site like that and then use the [Insert Image] button at the top of the message window. It'll let you paste a link to your photo into the body of your message.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
            For future reference, don't mess with the throttle when you're starting. If the carbs are right then you shouldn't have to and, in fact, it makes it harder to start. You'll flood the engine. With my '95 750 I don't touch the throttle until it's off the choke.
            +1

I used to have a helluva time getting my bike ('89 750) started, and had to futz with the throttle and choke lever, and find the "sweet spot". I got my carbs and plugs cleaned, and new coils and wires. Now I open the choke, push the button once, she fires right up and I don't touch nothin til I turn off the choke.

I'm wondering if you might have a deeper issue if the PO had fouled plugs, then you got fouled plugs (and brand new too!)...
            1989 Katana GSX750F
            1995 CB250 Nighthawk
            2004 YFZ-R6 (track bike)

Comment

Originally posted by BlackKat Joe View Post
              I'm wondering if you might have a deeper issue if the PO had fouled plugs, then you got fouled plugs (and brand new too!)...
              that deeper issue would be called running rich lol
              1992- project katfighter
              2005- GSXR750
              2001- TL1000R
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
              www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                that deeper issue would be called running rich lol
                +1
                sigpic
                "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
                "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Comment

Originally posted by suzukibob View Post
                  ... now i live in snow country buffalo n.y.
                  cold will kill a so-so battery in a heartbeat.. if you jumped it and it started.. replace the battery..

and don't mess with the throttle like Wild-Bill said...
                  Last edited by GSXFJim; 01-31-2011, 12:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                  http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                  '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                  "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                  "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Finally got pics

suzukibob
                    thanks guys!!!!
                    ok its another cold day in western new york if you could tell me how the petcocck valve wrks as far as prime/on/off im leaving it on prime and i just went out to start and a took a lil bit but shes on. now mind you in the summer i had no problem starting this puppy up.GSXFJim i just bought the battery but it did start quite fast with jump lookin into replacing.Devinjordan & cintidude04 um as far as the running rich it takes a while of turning over but she sparks when the fuel hits and after that first lazy start and she gets warm shes all good on every time she starts. its the first initial start up in 5 degree weather.BlackKat Joe i will get the cleaning of the carbbs and coil. need to start up like you do one try! thanks guys
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by suzukibob; 01-31-2011, 11:14 PM. Reason: add pic

Comment

running rich will not stop you from starting (but will be the culprit behind your fouled plugs) but a near dead battery in cold weather will keep you from starting
                      1992- project katfighter
                      2005- GSXR750
                      2001- TL1000R
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...