X

air box or individual pods?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air box or individual pods?

just wondering peoples opinion ? my 88 600 kat that im piece by piece getting on the road has nothing so wondering wich one to purchase. the carbs have been jetted ( not sure what stage) and it has 4 to 1 headers going into a vances and hines ss2r pipe .

airbox.

OEM filter.

Search "pods". lots of threads on the subject if you want more info!

Comment

lol wow another thread with this same question...
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Oem airbox unless you'd rather spend more time tuning your bike than riding it for a minimal gain in high rpm horsepower.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

sorry did realize how many threads there are on the subject. read a couple pages of them and have already decided to go with the air box. to bad though the pods are so much cooler looking

Comment

I agree they look better, an I have a homemade pod set up at the moment, but after the rebuild this winter I will be going back to the airbox to avoid more headaches. may switch back when it is time to do a valve adjustment and I get around to doing the gsxr cam mod. but until then, stock is easiest.
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

I was thinking of cutting the pod open to get a little more air flow. Has anyone tried this? I don't want to buy another pod if it doesn't work.

Comment

I know that when I capped the drain line in my airbox (It's supposed to be sealed off but wasn't when I bought the bike.) my idle got better. If a little thing like that causes trouble then I can't even imagine what cutting holes on purpose would do. I opened up the airbox on my 84 Interceptor and that worked great. That wasn't Mikuni BST carbs, though. These things just don't like anything but a bone-stock intake.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Ok then I won't be doing that. Thanks Bill saved me a ton of headaches

Comment

yea Im not positive, but I believe the airbox an oem filter set up works better because it doesnt allow as much air in as a high flow filter or pod set up, if that is true I can only see cuttin into the pod set up (to allow more airflow) as making it that much more of a headache
                    1992- project katfighter
                    2005- GSXR750
                    2001- TL1000R
                    www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Working...
                    X