No announcement yet.
X

Can someone help?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See, answered my questions and everyone helped. Carbed engines need to be choked until they're hot. Even if it's 110 outside, that's below the engine's normal operating temp. Granted, you'll need a lot less choke at 110 than at 32. But think about it, your lawn mower needs choke, and it usually only runs when it's hot out.

Leave the petcock on "on" until it sputters, then flip to "res" and you'll have about half a gallon of gas. Or about 30 miles or so. You can get to the airbox (to check it anyway) by just pulling off the seat. It's that little hole right in front of the battery.

And anything beyond that... RTFM. lol
    "Courage is not reckless abandon, or bravery in the absence of fear. It is the knowledge of fear, the wisdom to know the costs of failure, the prudence to minimize those costs, and, in so doing, courage is the mastery of fear. Courage without fear is lunacy."

Comment

I appreciate everyone for their willingness to help, I'm taking my class tomorrow and Friday so hopefully I will be riding sooon

Oh and one more thing, does anyone know where I could get the missing piece of this part on the bike.
      Last edited by Jaysushi; 12-22-2010, 04:13 PM.

'96 Suzuki Katana GSX600F

Comment

bikebandit.com
        "Courage is not reckless abandon, or bravery in the absence of fear. It is the knowledge of fear, the wisdom to know the costs of failure, the prudence to minimize those costs, and, in so doing, courage is the mastery of fear. Courage without fear is lunacy."

Comment

If you wait until next week I may have it. I'm picking up a bunch of parts on Friday. Two of them are for me and we'll see what else is included but I know there's a "bunch of fairing parts".
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
            If you wait until next week I may have it. I'm picking up a bunch of parts on Friday. Two of them are for me and we'll see what else is included but I know there's a "bunch of fairing parts".
            If he don't have it I got mine on ebay but good luck matching

You can call me Nick by the way... Wish I could change it to nickbales but I don't want to redo all my info(lazy I know). The reason I tell you to ease of the choke is so you don't foul your plugs. I know some people leave the choke open for a couple of minutes but I like to have it on as little as possible to help my plugs last longer. It might only make a tiny difference but that's just me. I will sometimes leave the choke just a little on when I take off when its real cold but don't forget to turn it off.
            Last edited by niqbales; 12-22-2010, 06:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
            Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
            ---
            I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

Apparently, all the fairing parts I'll be picking up are primered. You'd have a tough time matching that blue but gloss black matches everything! (With a small pert like that it's not too hard to get a nice finish with a rattle can, either.)

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Oh no prob, Im definitely not keeping the paint job though. Might go for a black/white look.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                  Just picked up the parts this afternoon. 'Fraid there's no oil fill cover in the batch. Looks like time to hit ebay unless someone else has one.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Does anyone recommend a specific website to get both front and rear tires for my 96 Kat 600? It still has the stock rims.

Comment

Working...
                    X