X

Jet Kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet Kit

Whats up KR? Anyone ever used this brand, or know anything about them? Ive tried researching them online but havent come up with much. Opinions?

stick with factory pro, or ivans, no drilling required

Comment

+1 on factory pro. I love mine
      02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
      90 GSXR 750/1216
      96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
      87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I was leaning towards Factory Pro from all the praise Ive seen on KR, but stumbled upon this eBlah set and thought I'd ask. Thanks for the input guys!

Comment

Would a jet kit help smooth out my throttle during warm ups? I have a vance and hines exhaust and when i start up the bike with choke, it takes about 30 seconds and then idles perfect a little over 1K with no choke. everything looks normal until i twist the throttle. it doesn't rev up.. it studders and almost stalls only making it to like 3k like its running lean and then will surge (even with choke off at this point) up to around 8k... it will do this for the first 5-10 min of warm up wheather depending, and then with alot of twisting and running gas through it, it runs like a dream... i understand it needs to warm up but thats an extreme warm up time and situation. Any insight on this would be helpful. thnx KR!

Comment

That's about how long mine takes to warm up(no kit), but yea, the jet kit will help with that

Comment

Just opening up the AF screws a bit will help with that. Not putting down the jet kit at all but try setting them to 2.5 turns out (Factory setting is 1.75) and see if that solves the warm-up problem. Doesn't cost a dime.
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

you can also try a fuel system cleaner like Seafoam as well. could have pilot jet issues. i just installed a Factory Pro kit and on the first start up was great. it's the best it's ever idled.
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

thanks for the responses guys./ I tried a fuel system/ carb cleaner additive. Not sea foam but another and that didn't help.. Its nice to know that mine isn't the only one with these issues. I love my Kat and definitly was a great coice. I don't understand why ppl hate on it soo much.
                  As for the set screw for idling, is that the little black knob found on the left side near the carb. it has a slot for a flat head it looks like... also if thats it which way should i turn it. I've tinkered with it a little as it is and i think i went a quarter turn right...

Comment

Originally posted by T8.1 tassaP View Post
                    I don't understand why ppl hate on it soo much
                    Because some people buy them under the false pretense that they are a sportbike.
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                      Because some people buy them under the false pretense that they are a sportbike.
                      you call my kat slow?????
                      it is not faster than your kawa, but it is pretty good for 21 year old bike
                      Live to ride,
                      Ride KATANA!

Comment

still no super sport. lol
                        1992- project katfighter
                        2005- GSXR750
                        2001- TL1000R
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                          still no super sport. lol

do you hink you can use 100% of the kat potential...what about a sport bike

you want faster bike just to compensate your riding skills
                          the kat is fast enough for most riders

and you know that the best best way to make your bike faster is to learn to ride
                          Live to ride,
                          Ride KATANA!

Comment

Originally posted by chemomche View Post
                            do you hink you can use 100% of the kat potential...what about a sport bike

you want faster bike just to compensate your riding skills
                            the kat is fast enough for most riders

and you know that the best best way to make your bike faster is to learn to ride
                            lol whoa whoa there skippy, I dont want a super sport, I am happy with my kat, I bought it knowing full well it wasnt a super sport.
                            I didnt... say I can use 100% of a kats potential, say I wanted a faster bike to compensate for my obviously inferior skill, or even say that my kat is to slow for me.

just stated the clear obvious fact that although the kat is comfortable and can hold its own with a knowledgeable rider, it is no super sport bike, which is why many people hate on it. may need to get that twist out of your panties
                            Last edited by cintidude04; 12-30-2010, 08:09 AM.
                            1992- project katfighter
                            2005- GSXR750
                            2001- TL1000R
                            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                            www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                            KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                            KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by chemomche View Post
                              you call my kat slow?????
                              it is not faster than your kawa, but it is pretty good for 21 year old bike
                              Yep, your bike is a slug. I have a '91 katana 1100 that could probably squash it like a work boot can squash a cockroach. Then again, there now a lot of newer bikes (including a few 600cc bikes) that could squash my bike in a 1/4 mile run or from a dig.
                              It is all relative....

Comment

Working...
                              X