X

600 mod

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 600 mod

i just added a 600 kat to the house .i have a 1100 1990 my 600 is a 97 and i want to know how i can mod it frame slides more HP and so on any help ? thanks
    GO HARD OR GO HOME

theres not to much you can do to add some hp...i guess a ignition advancer and some airfilters. if your wanting more power id highly suggest the gsxr 600 motor swap

Comment

there is no point in swapping in a gsxr 600 motor for more power. if it is more power your looking for in a 600 kat check out the install larger engine thread.
      other than that if your wantin more power get a sportier bike, not a sport TOURER lol
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

im not tring to make it a drag bike just a little here and there.. i dont want to change motors ...this is just going to be a play bike ...
        Last edited by jimbowv; 10-28-2010, 06:41 AM.
        GO HARD OR GO HOME

Comment

throwing in a larger engine will not make a kat a drag bike, sure you can drag race any bike. kats are completely street drivable with large engines (didnt you say you have an 1100?? then you already know this) i was simply sayin if you were wanting more horsepower that would be the best way to do it.
          and along the lines of what coreo19 posted, the pre kat 600 engine is basically a detuned gsxr 600 engine, so there is no point in swappin a motor for that, just set it up with the proper gsxr cams and bam... gsxr 600 with a much heavier frame lol.

but minus swappin in a larger motor your best bet will be a good aftermarket exhaust, ign advancer, gsxr cams, jet kit, an if you dont mind the headache you could throw k&n filters on although most here advise against it due to the fact they can be a pia to tune. with all this you still wont have much in the way of horsepower. if its quicker acceleration your after, the quickest cheapest way would be to get a larger rear sprocket, but that will also lower your top speed.
          if i miss something in the way of mods im sure someone will chime in, its been a long night of workin on the kat for me.
          goodluck

cintidude04
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Originally posted by jimbowv View Post
            im not tring to make it a drag bike just a little here and there.. i dont want to change motors ...this is just going to be a play bike ...

got with a Hindle or yoshi exhaust, full exhaust 2into 1

GSXR cams 91-92

factory pro jet kit

ignition advancer

dynotec ignition coils NGK wires and iridium plugs

you can find a few things to lighten it up a bit as well along with the 2into 1 exhaust it will be a lot lighter.

you may want to mess with the gearing a bit to
            98 GSX750F
            95 Honda VT600 vlx
            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

yea thanks for the info...did not know if GSXR stuff will fit my bike i have the 1100 it is my day to day bike but got the 600 to play with...run around town stoppes and stuff ..im going to trick out the 600 so i want all the mods i can get for it will a swing arm ext for the gsxr fit the kat?and if you post hints for me please throw in some detail like who what when and how... i know what to do to a point just not sure how to go about it..know what im saying..thanks brother
              GO HARD OR GO HOME

Comment

I've got all the above mentioned dodads on my 750. Its not a night and day difference but I have no problems whatsoever keeping up with my buddies who ride 600 SSs but they kill me on the top end.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbowv View Post
                  yea thanks for the info...did not know if GSXR stuff will fit my bike i have the 1100 it is my day to day bike but got the 600 to play with...run around town stoppes and stuff ..im going to trick out the 600 so i want all the mods i can get for it will a swing arm ext for the gsxr fit the kat?and if you post hints for me please throw in some detail like who what when and how... i know what to do to a point just not sure how to go about it..know what im saying..thanks brother
                  Be aware that even with all the breathing mods you can do to the 600, you probably will still end up with all of 75hp legitimately at the wheel. They just don't make power. If you keep an eye out you can find 750 engines for $300-400 and that will start you off with more than you could ever get from the 600.
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                    Be aware that even with all the breathing mods you can do to the 600, you probably will still end up with all of 75hp legitimately at the wheel. They just don't make power. If you keep an eye out you can find 750 engines for $300-400 and that will start you off with more than you could ever get from the 600.
                    +1
                    1992- project katfighter
                    2005- GSXR750
                    2001- TL1000R
                    www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Working...
                    X