No announcement yet.
X

Test your Diagnosis Skillz.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good idea . I might do that sometime just for the hell of it .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
      Originally posted by BraadaJim
      WOW does this sound familiar.... like my ride to the Gap this year after I got about 100 miles from home in the pouring rain. Keep her wound up and it runs, let it come down and it starts spitting and sputtering. Come to a stoplight and be terrified your walking the rest of the way.

Special K still hasn't told me what the exact problem is with mine but all indications so far are immulsion tubes are out of round, and the o-rings are shot. Might want to recheck your wires and coils too. I know you say your getting spark but that does not always mean your getting enough spark.
      Oh yeah ? The tubes in my were shot , but I was still riding it . Apparently they had been for a while , too . Changed the tubes out , and I had to effectively start over with the jetting . Still struggling with it . Getting another set of carbs soon to start over . Screw this crap I've had it .
      Yup , carbs are fun .
      Sorry to bastardize your thread a bit here JP but it may end up helping you anyway. I talked to $K$ last night and as it turn out my bike had a seriously strange fix. First off the O-rings on the floats were shot and one of the floats was sticking. That was most likely the root of my problem so you may want to think about that. Then just for good measure (and 'cause he likes me) he sent it over to a shop that owed him a favor and they dyno tuned it. They spent the whole day on it trying one thing after another to get it perfect. In the end they said they had to do almost everything backwards from what you would normally think of doing and reduced the jet size and resettig the air/fuel to 1.5 turns instead of the 2.5 that you normally do on a rejet. K&N, ignition advance and a full D&D you would expect to need big jets to keep up with the flow front and back, not mine, smaller worked better and by the end of it all I am now dyno'd at 101hp with no flat spots, running smooth and strong. Their quote.... "She pulls like a beotch" :
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

He told me it was 103hp . Yeah , the samller jets was odd . He also said that the tubes were worn , but I'm unclear whether or not he actually DID anything about it ! Maybe I should just give him MY bike to take back with him this time !

Comment

1.5 turns!? Wow I use 3 turns out on stock setup!

Comment

did you find the problem kikitjp my bike is having what sounds like the same thing i would like to know what you found iv had alots of help from this forum but havent fixed it yet thanks inadvance

Comment

My problem was that I did not have all the necessary rubber gaskets in my carb...so it inihibits everything...mixture/sync/throttle...

Comment

O-rings ?

Comment

Working...
                X