X

identify engine type

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• identify engine type

After some gasket replacements in my engine, when i was about to set the cam chain position i noticed the signal generator not looking like the one from manual.

I replaced full gasket set with no problems, everything fit perfectly, cam chain, oil rings.

I did not tryed to start yet, just checked few engine turns by hand, nothing stuck, and few using the starter. I noticed some backpresure in carburators whitch make me think the cam chain was not aligned correctly. The valves was well grinded and tested.

I aligned using the 21pin procedure for gsx750f `95, but the signal generator looks like it's a different engine.
    It's a gsx750f 1995 motorcycle and no evidence of any engine replacement in docs. Is there any way to identify the engine from the engine no. or serial ?

First photo is the manual signal generator (no.4) for my engine, second is my signal generator (no.10)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by random_kat_rider; 04-09-2010, 05:35 PM.

post the engine number and we can give you a general idea of what it is
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

s00383111

Comment

that's a strange engine number

a 95 gsx750f engine number should probably start with "R712".... I believe you might be looking at the wrong number.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Type: R712
          S.N.: 155012

I'm reading this form the docs. They're the same as on the bike engine. I'll do a photo to be sure next time when i get to the motorcycle location.

My only problem is to identify the engine to know how many pins should have between 2 and 3 marks at cam chain align. The signal generator looks like on newers engines whitch requires 24 pins between 2 and 3 marks. In my manual says 21 pins but i have a different signal generator ...
          Last edited by random_kat_rider; 04-10-2010, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X