X

Newbie here: Battery maintanance/charge question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here: Battery maintanance/charge question

Hey guys i was wondering how you know when your battery goes bad. Also, i wans wondering how you charge a motorcycle battery. Can i just charge it straight from my car?? also how do you maintain your battery.

Re: Newbie here: Battery maintanance/charge question

Originally posted by john 07
    Hey guys i was wondering how you know when your battery goes bad.
    When the bike won't crank.
    Also, i wans wondering how you charge a motorcycle battery.
    With a Battery charger.
    Can i just charge it straight from my car??
    You can jump a bike from a car as long as the car is not running.
    also how do you maintain your battery.
    With a Battery Tender Jr. They can be found at places like Auto Zone, Pep Boys, and your local motorcyle dealership.

Comment

I try to replace my battery every 2 years. But if you find yourself running it down to nothing and having to recharge more often than you should..its probably a sign of a bigger problem.

But yes, battery tenders are great little units, u can just leave the battery in the bike and hook up cables and let it go. The battery tender will make sure you always have a full charge by monitoring the battery.

Comment

Battery bad test:
        Disconnect battery from bike and charge battery up. Disconnect from charger and test voltage (battery still out of bike). Leave battery sitting unattached to anything for 6 hours. Retest voltage. If voltage at second test is lower than voltage at first test, or either reading is below 12.6 volts, replace battery.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X