No announcement yet.
X

Right pilot jets for a post 600?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because if 15 is really what I need (.38 mm), then 37.5 would be something like 0.9 mm, and the seller also offers 65, equivalent to 1.7 mm, too much for a jet pilot! With these sizes, seem Main jets, That's what I do not understand.

Comment

You have officially made zero sense. For starters stop spouting off numbers like .38mm. If you have 12.5 and need 1 size up, BUY 15!

Comment

Let's see if I can explain better, "zero sense"... I will try to improve my English, I do not speak it well.
        If you look at this list of parts (Katana 600 2001)
        - .JET, PILOT (#12.5)
        09492-12008
        - .JET, MAIN (112.5)
        09491-22014

You'll notice the absence of the symbol # in the main jet. Well, 112.5=1.125 mm in diameter. The #12.5, is 12.5x2.54 = 31.75, or 0.3175 mm in diameter. 0.32 mm is a normal value for a jet pilot! And the difference with 112 of the main jet is also normal. That's why I do not understand what nomenclature use the seller.

Comment

No it doesn't, Mikuni doesn't number them that way. That's Dynojets numbering system. A Mikuni 112.5 means that it meter 112.5 cc of fuel per minute.

Comment

Okay, I'll follow your advice and buy the number 15. But I still do not understand the difference of "#" and "not #" between pilot and main jet (see mrcycles.com).
            And the equivalence between #15 = 0.38 mm and 112 = 1.12 mm, I measured it myself! With the help of a friend and this tool:

I suppose it was coincidence. Or luck!
            But I will follow your advice friend, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by boxin View Post
              Okay, I'll follow your advice and buy the number 15. But I still do not understand the difference of "#" and "not #" between pilot and main jet (see mrcycles.com).
              And the equivalence between #15 = 0.38 mm and 112 = 1.12 mm, I measured it myself! With the help of a friend and this tool:

I suppose it was coincidence. Or luck!
              But I will follow your advice friend, thanks!
              Coincidence...

The size for OEM jets is by cc flow, not the hole size.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

-Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                X