X

Fuel Leaking from carb 1&2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Leaking from carb 1&2

So, i went out today to start the bike and smelt gas. When i took the fairing off gas was leaking from in between 1&2. I pulled the gas tank off and it looked like the fuel line had backed itself off the inlet to the carbs a little. I pushed it all the way down till it stopped.

1. There is a ring around the fuel line, does the hose stop there or need to be pushed over this. I didnt get a chance to get the clamp back on because i couldn get my hand down there yet. I started the bike and tried to get down there to look real quick. It drips pretty steady, but does not appear to be comming from the hose. It hasnt been rode within the last couple of weeks, just started every weekend and no problems till todays startup.
    When i feel in between the carbs it is wet around where the rail goes into the carb 1. I cannot see anything where it is comming out specifically. I can only see it dripping off the underside of carb 1.

The fuel line should seat all the way down on the inlet T. You may have to put some screw type hose clamps on there if you don't already have them. They are kind of tricky to get in the right place to allow the fuel line to be pushed back to a vertical position.

Are you having fuel coming from the overflows(little rubber T just next to the fuel inlet) or from the inlet T's? The inlet T's have a rubber seal around each side going into the carbs. They break down just like all the other o-rings and rubber in the fuel system. If you have fuel coming from the overflow's, then you need to pull the carbs apart and check your float needles. You could have trash clogging up there or bad float needles.

If you can post a little more detail, that would surely help!
    But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Mat 10:33

Comment

the skoot shouldnt leak when not running also if the petcock is properly set and working. do NOT leave it sit on prime. that is ONLY for filling the bowls when they've run dry. reserve or on there should be no fuel running without the skoot itself running. check your airbox and airbox drain for fuel also. smell your oil for a gas smell. if the petcock is leaking, as well as one or more carbs, you can get fuel in your oil which is NOT a good thing.
      99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
      1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
      '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
      Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Also, if you are leaking fuel when it is not running, you may have bad seals on the "T" fitting between the carbs. My bike is a 93 and began to seep fuel from the "T" so I re-built the carb's. Once I got everything apart, I was glad I decided to do the re-build. All the seals were shot.

Comment

misread that completely! sorry. if you have fuel coming out while its not running, you need to check your petcock. Before you take everything apart, make sure it is NOT in the PRIME position. Simple mistake many have made. If it was in the RES or ON position, then you need to remove the petcock and check it out. You could have an issue inside of it.

You also need to check your oil and air box for fuel and if there's any in there, you need to drain it or change the oil.
          But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Mat 10:33

Comment

Does not leak a drop when not running.When i start it, it takes about 5 secs, then she is dripping. It has to be somewhere around the so called t. When i look after start, it is dripping off th bottom of carb 1. So i guess that is going to a pita?

Comment

Remove the overflow line from 1&2, turn the overflow T(black rubber T) straight up and start the bike. See if thats where its coming from.

Comment

Where can i find this T exactly? Is what your talking about where it connects to carb 1&2? Or is it somewhere else?Its really a pita to see anything,lol.

Comment

I just looked and realized you don't have the same fuel set up as I do. My fuel fittings are between the carb banks. Your set up is a solid nipple on the carb body with a rubber hose connected to it. Go to http://www.ronayers.com/ and search oem parts then the carb fittings for part #21. Then you will see how your fuel system is set up. Unless you changed your carb's at some point in time. You need to remove the left side of your fairings to access this.

Comment

Thanks, i had that deer in the head lights look on my face while starring at it .

Comment

Working...
                    X