No announcement yet.
X

gsxr1100 bogs in low rpm range

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, i'm going to run a can of seafoam through her and seee if that helps. then, when riding season is over, i'll clean the carbs.

apparently everyone agrees on a carb/pilot issue, so that's where i'll start. hopefully she's 100% for next season.

thanks for the advice. i'll let you know what happens

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
      stopgap measure, it's worth running some seafoam thru the system. just follow the mix directions on the can.

I have had similar issues , I beleive it goes back to ethanol blending of fuel
      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

If he has the big bore kit though, he's going to need to run a higher fuel mixture. May want to look into pod filters as well, that drop in may not be enough air getting in.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

just an update for those that might be interested....uncle's '96 never went below 2.25 in the 60ft....first run on her today (my first run) 1.71 60'...whoohooo....

I almost **** myself....damn these bikes pulll hard....

Comment

Originally posted by rigidone View Post
            just an update for those that might be interested....uncle's '96 never went below 2.25 in the 60ft....first run on her today (my first run) 1.71 60'...whoohooo....

I almost **** myself....damn these bikes pulll hard....
            The low end torque beats the crap out of a SS thats for sure
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
            X