Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

'91 Kat 600 sealed/maintenance free battery?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '91 Kat 600 sealed/maintenance free battery?

Greetings,

Long time no see, people! I hope everyone's doing well.

I just did I quick search in the forum but didn't see the answer just yet. Does anyone know of a place to buy a good sealed/maintenance free battery for a 91 Kat 600? Does it even exist? Thanks.

Z
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is not safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
    ~ Helen Keller, The Open Door (1927)
    '91 600 purchased in January 2000 with 7,707 miles

There are a number of batteries you can use in that bike. I have a cross-reference posted here:
    motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
      There are a number of batteries you can use in that bike. I have a cross-reference posted here:
      motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Thanks, cp. That link doesn't list any sealed batteries though. I did however find the dimensions for the stock battery and find this sealed batter with the same exact stated dimensions.
      "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is not safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
      ~ Helen Keller, The Open Door (1927)
      '91 600 purchased in January 2000 with 7,707 miles

Comment

Originally posted by ZephyrNewYork View Post
        Thanks, cp. That link doesn't list any sealed batteries though. I did however find the dimensions for the stock battery and find this sealed batter with the same exact stated dimensions.
        Ah, you're right -- forgot that I never updated it for the x-refs for the pre's.
        If you're looking for an xref, pay attention to the width & length (height can vary up to +5mm with no issues), AND in particular to the terminal locations (which side is positive -- cables won't be long enough to reverse without extreme strain or replacement with longer cables!).

They used to have a sealed cross-reference in their listings, but then again they also used to have your bike in their listings (for some reason, the earlier Kat 600/750's have fallen off their xref list).

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet

Comment

I picked up mine here.
          Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
          Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Working...
          X