X

Odometer Inaccuracy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Blonde
    Getting new tires this weekend. My husband favors the Metzeler because he has always ridden on them, but has no firsthand experience with the Pirelli's. What should be considered when choosing between the two?
    IMHO:
    How much it rains.
    I'd take the Metzelers in the wet, Pirelli's in the dry.
    But then again, you can't go wrong with either (see pics of me railing on the Metzelers at the Gap Rally for proof).

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

But aren't the new Pirelli Strada's supposed to be there new wet weather tire? I am interested in how well they will match up with the wet weather handeling like the Metzlers.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

how do you even know its losing 5 miles for every hundred?

Comment

Every weekend when my husband and I start out, we set our trip and each time I fill up I reset the #2 trip. (Silly maybe, but I always do in the car, too.) I had noticed a few times our mileage for the day's trip was off a little, but we weren't sure if it was his or mine. He has a 2000 Busa with new Michelin Pilot Powers on it. Last weekend a friend bought her first bike and we rode @ 120 miles of Friday. We filled up together and reset our trips. At the end of the day - mine was reading 6 miles less than hers (she has a cruiser bike). Sunday the three of us rode with my brother who has an '04 750 Kat with stock tires. We all set our trips before heading out. After a 150 mile ride, the others were all within a mile of each other, but mine was off by 8 miles. So - I came to the conclusion that it is my inaccuracy and not the others. (?)
          ~ Lisa
          2005 CBR 600RR (nicely modified)
          2005 CBR 600RR Track Toy "Frank"

My motorcycle, my dogs (Piper & Capone - the Pet Bulls) and a cold beer ... what more could a girl ask for???

www.austinsbr.com and www.txsbr.com

Comment

Working...
          X