X

Pilot screw adjustment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot screw adjustment

Anyone have any ideas on how to adjust the pilot screws with the carbs and airbox still on the engine? I know they make a special to , but has anyone had luck doing it another way?

small ratcheting wrench, taped on one side, with a hexhead small screwdriver bit = possible to do, but a pain in the arse if your not real sure if your turning the screws or not.

Other option would be to purchase the long boy a/f screws and adjust them by hand.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Motion Pro - High quality cables, tools and controls for motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles and personal watercraft.

Like Kreylyn's solution, only good if you know that in fact you have the tip in the slot when you start turning. A lot safer to simply flip the carbs and do it directly, IMHO.

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

dude! i love those long boy a/f screws! they look amazing! im gonna look into those!

but they may prove to be a pain..

Im always up and down the damn mountains around here and after 4k up Kat doesn't wanna play very much. my buddy has a FI harley with a rather little tank so he often wants to stop in super high elevations to get gas. which makes it hard for kat to stay running.
        Last edited by il_ragazzo; 08-02-2009, 05:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
        Tony
        94 Katana 600

Comment

With the accuracy needed in counting the turns, I wouldn't trust a short cut. The long boys would be the next best thing.
          -2000 "750"

Comment

Working...
          X