• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Grips) Progrip vs Harri's

Opinions on the two?

http://www.bikebandit.com/product/14498 Progrip

http://www.bikebandit.com/product/14363 Harri's

Progrips seem softer but some people say they wear out faster.

Harri's definately look better but they look pretty "hard" unless its like a clear gel over the graphics. I'm not sure? Thanks!
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

He was so full of knowlege it's astounding
    Reading the news, my heart was pounding.
    My prayers go out to his family & friends.
    He is the best there was and ever been.
    RIP Marc "Cyberpoet" Glasgow

I've never used either of those. I did however have the Progrip gel grips on my Katana and they were very comfortable, think they cost around $15. That said however, I have Driven grips on my current bike and absolutely love them. I have the D3 which are a little more expensive but they also have some less expensive gel grips without the aluminum rings that I would recommend.

Comment

the one's with all the graphics look kinda......tacky
      1999 Katana 750

Comment

I run those pro grips on my Kat and love them but they do seem to be wearing already and its only been about 4 thousand miles.

Comment

I have Progrips and they work fine for me.
          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I have the progrips on my kat - they seem to be wearing fine and for the cost I didn't think it'd be a big deal if I had to do new ones every 2-3 seasons or so.

Comment

These are a little more expensive at $59/pair, but are very nice and will fit 7/8 bars.

Comment

I have the progrips as well. They are starting to rub off (little balls of the material come off), but for $15, and they lasted 2.5 seasons, I have no issues with them.
                It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

i have harri's on my katana. ive got about 5000miles on them with NO signs of wear and i get really positive contact with the grooved surface to my gloves.

i like them.

Comment

Oddly, I'm a big fan of the OEM grips. Suzuki makes their OEM grips out of dual-density silicone rubber, and they work well for about 3 - 5 years before exposure to the air/etc. hardens them up.

Back about 5 years ago, due to hardening grips, I went through a huge replace-and-test cycle with a bunch of aftermarket grips (spider grips, harri's, etc.) and on a lark tried a brand new pair of Suzuki OEM as well... found the "brand-new" OEM Suzuki ones actually the best of the bunch for my tastes and sold off most of the others...

PS - I still have a set of Hunter Bars (oval, foam, replaces both the grip & the bar) if someone wants to try them...

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks for the input peeps. I guess my next question is. Are the Harri's very comfy/soft like the progrips?

Comment

Anyone know of a place to get Harri's cheaper than bikebandit?
                        '07 Yamaha FJR1300
                        '05 Katana 600

Comment

Handlebar and motorcycle control accessories such as grips - heated, cruise control, hand protectors and more

Comment

Doesn't look like they offer this one, though ... http://www.bikebandit.com/product/14363
                            '07 Yamaha FJR1300
                            '05 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                            X