No announcement yet.
X

Spit and Sputter :(

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you sure that the pliug wires are hooked up corectly?
    PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
    The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Originally posted by UFO8MyCow
      Are you sure that the pliug wires are hooked up corectly?
      if the plug wires were not in the right place, he would be mentioning "backfire" in his post.....and highly doubtful the engine would even start, let alone hit 3k rpm.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

UPDATE!

i have yet to replace the plugs becuase to find out I do not have the proper socket to take them out. SO.
        This problem is off again and on again. When it starts up i have no hesitation or anything. But after about 10-15 minutes I will attempt to start and it will stick at about 2500 rpm's. Sometimes it will stick for a few seconds and then work through it. But when it does not work through I stop and release the throttle and the bike stalls. in gear or neutral. Can someone shed some light on this subject?

"It is no the speed that kills you. It is the sudden stop." - John Prutzman R.I.P. John.

Comment

Re: UPDATE!

Oil cold, pumping resistance and sticky throttle. Let the bike warm up in place for about 5 minutes (choke off) and see if the symptoms disappear.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i will try this out.

"It is no the speed that kills you. It is the sudden stop." - John Prutzman R.I.P. John.

Comment

check throttle cables to make sure they are adjusted proper and make sure they have not came undone had mine come undone the other day and rpm's would not go above 1500 rpm the vibes had loosened the nut also look at water in fuel empty tank and empty fuel filter and fill with new gas
              it would not be any fun if it was easy! but does it have to be this much fun!!
              Give A Person Expetations To Live Up To Not to A Reputition To Live Down !!

Comment

This problem has not been fully fixed. it is getting better. I went back to plain 87 octane gas. I have not had the time to take out the plugs and change them.

Comment

Working...
                X