X

Wierd Issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd Issue

I have some green residue on my bike that seems like is coming from a leak from the brake lever? Anyone know what it may be?

Brake fluid? Could also be some ozidation to copper washers that are used in some brake set ups.
    Last edited by kevin2502000; 07-06-2009, 01:49 PM.
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Copper oxidation would be my guess too... or maybe algae... or some form of wax or metal polish left behind.
      No DOT-rated brake fluid should ever turn green under any circumstances.

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Last edited by The CyberPoet; 07-06-2009, 03:01 PM.
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

ok. I wonder where its coming from then. I did wash my bike so maybe its washing off from something.

Comment

snot rocket ???
          Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
            snot rocket ???

Bingo! lol

Comment

Fork oil comes in green. Any chance you've got a blown fork seal?
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Nah there still in tact.

Comment

post a pic. It could be from a copper crush washer. It does corrode and leave a green residue. The brake lines usually use something other than copper, like aluminum or tin.
                  But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Mat 10:33

Comment

bug guts
                    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

I'm going to reuse this thread. So I was going down the local straight ways where I live and I max out my bike at 142-3ish for a minute or 2. Then we turn off and stop for alittle. Get back on the bikes and hit some nice banked turns. The problem is when we hit the straight ways between each long turn i would try to keep up and max the bike out. but when I got to about 135ish the rpms would start to shudder a bit and I could see the needle going back and forth over 10k. Anyone know why?

I just recently got new spark plugs, new air filter, new semi-synthetic oil, and sprayed the carbs clean w/o detaching them.

Comment

Originally posted by djstormxx View Post
                        I'm going to reuse this thread. So I was going down the local straight ways where I live and I max out my bike at 142-3ish for a minute or 2. Then we turn off and stop for alittle. Get back on the bikes and hit some nice banked turns. The problem is when we hit the straight ways between each long turn i would try to keep up and max the bike out. but when I got to about 135ish the rpms would start to shudder a bit and I could see the needle going back and forth over 10k. Anyone know why?

I just recently got new spark plugs, new air filter, new semi-synthetic oil, and sprayed the carbs clean w/o detaching them.
                        Your bike has a built in rev limiter to protect from over reving. At about 11.5k you hit this limiter, and it forces some cyclinders to miss preventing you from going higher rpms from normal opperation.

In other words... you reached the end of your top end.

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                          Your bike has a built in rev limiter to protect from over reving. At about 11.5k you hit this limiter, and it forces some cyclinders to miss preventing you from going higher rpms from normal operation.
                          On the Kats specifically, cylinders 2/3 get their spark plug signal cut at some RPM limit (RPM limit changes on whether it's a pre/post and whether it's a 600 or 750). The purpose of this on any car/bike is to prevent the parts from being taxed beyond the safety margins engineered into the entire engine in terms of strengths, slop, wobble, etc., so it doesn't self-destruct on you. The RPM limit for most engines is usually dictated by the peak piston speed and the method of the valve closure (to prevent valve-float and make sure the valve closes at the right time). If you can imagine a valve flinging itself up through the tank and into or right past you, you can truly appreciate the concept of RPM limiters...

Cheers
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

alrighty thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                            X