X

CHOKE CABLE. Can't get off 94 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHOKE CABLE. Can't get off 94 600

Trying to replace the choke cabe on the 94 600 and cannot get eh carb in off. How do you get the carb in off?
    FROM WORK:
    "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

It slides out. Simply pull the end of the cable's sheath off the carb's retainer, then lift it and clear the retainer. Now find the end of the cable and rotate it to let the leaded-weight at the end come out of the tip.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

My cable was "frozen" inside of the sheath and would not move enough forward to pull from carb end. I did notice that my new cable, the spring, seems to long and doesn't quite fit where the last spring went.
      FROM WORK:
      "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

If it's an old cable, and you don't care about it... cut it close to the carb end. That should free it up enough to get the slack you need to spin it out of the fitting.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by redciv1 View Post
          My cable was "frozen" inside of the sheath and would not move enough forward to pull from carb end. I did notice that my new cable, the spring, seems to long and doesn't quite fit where the last spring went.
          Make sure you read this:
          Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
          From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
          this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

cut your old one, then put on your new one, you can reuse the old spring if you think the new one is too different to work
            89 gs500e, k&n air filter, sv650 rear wheel swap, gsxr rear shock, 06 tank and bodywork, sv650 tail swap,

93 kat 750 v&h ssr2 full exhaust, 99 katana front wheel, a 180/55 on stock rim, post controls, heated grips

Comment

Working...
            X