X

bike wont start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
    oohhh yeah, I always were mechanics gloves. However, if you get a shock through the boot, something is wrong.
    well if it wont start then maybe sumtins wrong lol and i didnt c ur post bf i wrote an answer...sry

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      ...if you get a shock through the boot, something is wrong.
      No. It just means you're as good a ground as what the plug has. I zapped a buddy with a lawnmower once. Nice fat spark on the plug and another from his elbow to the mower!
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
        No. It just means you're as good a ground as what the plug has.
        the boot is supposed to prevent spark from happening anywhere but the plug...otherwise you get misfires

Comment

OK, where are we on this?
          is there spark, is it blue or orange?
          when you are trying to start it, is the airbox on?
          when you remove the fuel hose is there fuel in the hose?
          aside from the above there can only be one other thing, air! If you are able to stand there and work on the bike, you have air
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

so far we dont know if there is spark...he says the bowls fill up with fuel so he should have fuel...

Comment

We all want answers to our questions!!!
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

ok well there is fuel in the hose but also drained the bowls primed it and saw there was gas in them again also when im trying to start it no the intake was not well the box was but not the filter.....i haven't checked the pilots yet and havn't checked for spark im actually at work but thank you all for helping me your saving me $400 and my birthday on Tuesday
                Last edited by truthurtz42; 04-21-2009, 04:36 PM.

Comment

You are not getting any spark like everyone else said

Comment

i havn't checked yet i will when i go home at 6 so i have to remove the plug and spark plug try and start it and look for a spark?

Comment

Comment

ohhh ok gotcha imma try it your way them other ways seem a lil to risky

Comment

couldn't try rained last night and today

Comment

you said your spark plugs were black at the tips, obviously you're fouling them. Put the air filter back in, if you do have spark, have you tried starting it with starter fluid?
                            "If you aint first, you're last"

Comment

NO! STARTER FLUID BAD!

it washes all the oil off the cylinder walls. The only time it's worth it is when you've got a big freakin' engine and it's too cold for the gas to produce flammable vapors. If you must try introducing fuel directly into the intake stick with a little squirt of gas.
                              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

wow i def used starter fluid.....which someone else on here adv me to do imma try and clean around the float take it off and put filter back on and see what happenes

Comment

Working...
                                X