X

bike wont start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

******Major Updates******

ok so wild-bill stopped by yesterday to help me my carbs were clean and my jets are good. he noticed my cdi is out of its black box didn't think it was much of a prob since bike has been running and its been that way since i bought it.

so as of right now heres the list:

*Carbs/jets/floats good
    *New Spark plugs
    *New Fuel
    *No leaks hoses are good

Comment

so im trying to get a cdi or trying to find out if its bad or not so i don't buy a new one for nothing

Comment

I've read that a CDI CAN be tested by a shop with the right equipment .....
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

thank you im going to look into it and give them a call

Comment

so i called the stealership and they said they can look in the manual to check but not sure if he can check the cdi or not to see if its bad

Comment

THe commonly understood method is to plug in a known good unit and see if it solves the problem . But I KNOW I read that some shops with the right equipment CAN actually test the units .....
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

ok thanks ill see what happens tomorrow

Comment

My take is to get a new CDI, if the internals get wet what so ever, kiss it good bye!

There are some resistance test you can do MD86. I don't have those numbers off the top of my head. You can do a resistance test on the primary and secondary side of the coils also.
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

still no luck they werent able to check it it worked or not

Comment

Have you tried checking to see if you've got spark yet? Plug that module in, unscrew a spark plug and crank the bike over. If the signal generator and the coil are both OK then the only thing that'll keep you from getting spark is the module. Based on the looks of the thing I think it's pretty unlikely that the module is good.
                      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

still trying to get my friends cdi from his 88 gsxr to see if it will work or not

Comment

Have you checked for spark with the one you've got? Who knows, it MIGHT still work... Either way, it doesn't cost anything to try.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

ok so i tried it i got spsrk coil and wires are good i need a new cdi we tried on his bike but iit wouldnt fire with mine but when we put his back on it fired right up......

new prob where can i get a cdi for cheap i have a 91 600 please let me know this us only thing stoppin me from ridin

thanks for everyones help

Comment

E-Bay? Might have to get creative with the search but they're out there.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

took all of 30 seconds, longer to post this reply no no
                                eBay Motors makes it easy to find parts for cars, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles & more. We even offer a massive selection of new & pre-owned classics, hot rods, exotics, vans, ATVs, RVs, boats and more at eBay Motors. Shop for your next vehicle, or start selling in a marketplace with 171 million buyers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GSXR-...1%7C240%3A1318
                                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                                Who knows what is next?
                                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                                X