No announcement yet.
X

No Electric... Need help ASAP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actualy I was told that it has to do with the amps of a battery not the volts since they are both 12v.

Comment

The amps are different

Comment

Originally posted by BUCKJFLOWERS View Post
        The amps are different
        Yes , very good .

I've never had a problem . But then I've always jumped from smaller cars . Once I got a jump at work from my boss's truck , and nothing bad happened . Just sayin ,don't panic about jumps just yet .....
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Real simple:
          Certain cars and certain bikes are particularly sensitive to voltage differences suddenly changing and can zap their electronics as a result. Audi is well known for it among it's aficionado's (never jump an Audi from a running car, especially one that might have an electrical problem of it's own). Certain fuel-injected bikes have also been known not to take it well (again, electrical systems in cars that are leaking over A/C through the rectifier pack are particularly suspect).

BUT the Kat is particularly simple when it comes to electrics & electronics -- unless you screw up the jumper cables OR the car's electrical system is defective, you shouldn't have any issues. Make sure the car is off and the bike is off when you do the hook-up, don't start the car until after you disconnect the bike, and all should be good.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
          CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
          The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

You know whatm come to think of it, I may have left my key turned on the Kat when I hooked the car battery up... >.<

Comment

Working...
            X